SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

does anyone have this combination installed?

The spacer went on nicely and I took the opportunity to cleanup the throttle body.

The issue is with the inlet tube. It has to clear the starter to reach the throttle and there is no way of doing that. Looks like I'll need to trim the tube. But I'm hesitant to do so; I called IPD and they said that unlike the OTE pipe the tube is not supposed to be cut to fit but fit as it is.

There is also an issue with it on the other end. It is too long and it pushes the tube/side port nipple into the engine making almost impossible to attach the hose to the side port. It will also ensures the tube will rub hard against engine attached parts and harness as the engine vibrates - guaranteed future damage to the tube and harness. Again hesitant about trimming the tube.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answering my own question...

Yes, trimming is necessary to fit. I don't know what the ipd support guy smoked the night before but even without the phenolic spacer trimming is necessary at both ends for a correct fit. I took my time last night and made 4 subsequent cuts at each end until I got it right so I'll say pretty significant trimming.

Note that the side port is wrongly placed on my ipd pipe pointing at 90 degrees from the vertical through the center of the throttle body port. Thus it is interfering with the thick wire harness that is on top of the radiator hose. Not much I can do about that.

I got my pipe end of 2013 (yes, it took a while to get it installed :) ) so if you buy this now things might have changed. Anyway if you have the same fitting problems you'll now know what you have to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.