SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have a Silicone/Aluminum Throttle Inlet Tube for anyone interested!

Check out the specifics on our website. This will fit your 2004-2007R model. They come in blue and black.

This will also fit:

S60 5 cylinder turbo 2003-2009
V70 / XC70 2003-2007 5 cylinder turbo models
S80 2003-2006 5cylinder turbo models

Hope you're having a great day everyone!

The stock throttle inlet tube is made of thin injection molded plastic and it's common for them to develop cracks at the integrated bellows due to engine vibration and movement and can allow contaminants to enter the engine as well as causing significant variation in the fuel mixture. The plastic tube also breaks down and becomes soft from the continuous exposure to oil internally and externally and heat cycling.

The ipd HD Performance Inlet Tube is made of long lasting premium materials including 4 Ply reinforced silicone couplers, stainless steel T-bolt clamps and a polished 6061 Aluminum intermediate pipe. An excellent upgrade to the stock part that will last much longer as well as a great performance upgrade for modified cars running high boost and intercooler upgrades.

Link to Blue:
http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9009/120195-hd-performance-throttle-inlet-tube-kit-blue

Link to Black:
http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9010/120196-hd-performance-throttle-inlet-tube-kit-black

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
I wonder of that will work with our intercoolers.
Should, we might need a small piece of aluminum pipe to go coupler to coupler ...except my sensor is epoxied on lol

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
For vacuum/boost line the nipple is depicted in the first photo, the IAT sensor is not in this pipe - so no, it doesn't have a connection for it... My Bell kit came with a fancy metal throttle inlet pipe, so I'm good.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This pipe is for 2003- vehicles that did not incorporate the IAT/BPS sensor in that pipe. R models especially do not have those sensors in the Throttle Inlet Pipe Location. The IAT/BPS is a incorporated sensor located on the intercooler. If we get enough demand for 2001-2002 models, we can manufacture another center pipe in the future.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are there spots for iat sensor and vacuum line?

And what's that black box?
The black box is actually a starter solenoid cover. We supply this cover with the kits just in case. The hose clamps run right above the starter solenoid, so this cover helps protect any unwanted accidental welding! :)

Happy Friday!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Great idea with the starter solenoid cover! I can attest to that concern first hand with my FMIC piping.

·
6,444 Posts
Wow so much money for a twenty dollar product....
Come on Ipd why don't you start making mods that count ? don't be afraid to go the extra mile. Oem one develops cracks ? ....you might lose credibility if you continue that path

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
919 Posts
Come on Ipd why don't you start making mods that count ? don't be afraid to go the extra mile. Oem one develops cracks ? ....you might lose credibility if you continue that path

that actually happened to mine. airbox vibrations wore through the bellows on one of the bends. yes its a bit overpriced though, i think $100 would be more reasonable.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thank you for the post- In our experience we have seen them deteriorate at the intercooler connection. We have two in our shop that split at the end near the bellows which is why we even decided to make this part. We appreciate the feedback. Have a great weekend!

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that actually happened to mine. airbox vibrations wore through the bellows on one of the bends. yes its a bit overpriced though, i think $100 would be more reasonable.
I would LOVE to have it near $100.00. Unfortunately production runs are small comparatively speaking and the cost is where it is. I really appreciate the post.

Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
I would LOVE to have it near $100.00. Unfortunately production runs are small comparatively speaking and the cost is where it is. I really appreciate the post.

Have a great day!
Also with an iat/map sensor spot I would purchase this in a heart beat. But until then it's a no go for me :/

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Jeez guys.... Not many companies even bother to make parts for the R and when they do you lay into them? Who gets to dictate the price they want to pay for something....?

Chris, whatever they are putting in your coffee over there at ipd, I'd like some! "have a great day"!!! :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
@[email protected] have you guys ever thought about making a light weight crank pulley?

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I would buy this in a heartbeat if it was less than $120 and had a spot for the IAT sensor. I think a lot of people would go this route also especially during a custom FMIC install.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts