SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read discussions about the differences between IPD and Elevate but I just want some opinions between IPD and ARD TCV

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
As pete states, the bracket does not appear to fit. The ARD does not have a bracket and is cheaper. The fittings appear to be plastic on the iPd version versus the aluminum anodized on the ARD. I have not used either of the TCVs.

I got hosed with the original iPD HD TCV, and the iPd pricing has left me leaning away from using iPd. I also was an early adopter of the iPd HD coils with the fitment problems, but they fixed that with no cost to me. At the moment, I'm a little iffy on the quality of first run iPd products, just because they've released a number of revisions on parts.

Enough of my rant, if I had to choose a TCV, I'd go with ARD/Snabb. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?179907-Snabb-precision-TCV

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I just put the new IPD HD TCV on my caR. The stock hoses all reach just fine, but there's not much slack for sure. I didn't use the supplied bracket to attach it to the airbox, I used the holes for the screws that would have held the bracket on the TCV to secure it to some structure nearby. I too don't like that the hose fittings are plastic. My old IPD TCV had brass fittings, I didn't try, but it may be possible to swap them and use the old fittings on the new TCV. Be sure to do the learning procedure after install for whichever TCV you choose, it will want to over-boost until the new TCV is properly adapted. Performance wise, I do think the new IPD TCV is working better for me.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
i have tested both, IPD V1, V2 and ARD and all works perfect in my car. I like the ARD one cause it comes with alum. nipples, not plastic.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Metal is a plus cause the Phuzzy TCV I had came with plastic nipples and a week after using it they seemed to be melted lol. I just bought metal ones on ebay, problem solved. I just drilled a hole in the fuse box and zip tied it down.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Ions has it right. There are many places to zip ties these and you can put it so that it can come out
easy for cleaning etc
oooor, drill two lill holes on the fuse-box and use tiny screws to hold it in place and stop crying about mounting bracket...

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
oooor, drill two lill holes on the fuse-box and use tiny screws to hold it in place and stop crying about mounting bracket...

That was my plan but I was out of tiny screws an had a ton of little zip ties :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts