SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read all these wonderful things about ipd sway bars....my question is does my v-70 asr already have sway bars? If I decided to go w/ the ipd product will the dealer install these items?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: ipd sway bars (ee778a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ee778a</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read all these wonderful things about ipd sway bars....my question is does my v-70 asr already have sway bars?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes, just not as thick as the ones IPD is selling.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ee778a</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I decided to go w/ the ipd product will the dealer install these items?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Depends on your dealer. Mine would, but there are reports of dealers who won't install aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Find a good indy mechanic...will be much cheaper than the dealer anyway. Or...do it yourself if you have the skills, tools and confidence. IPD sends installation instructions and all necessary part (bolts, and even special grease) with their swaybars. It is a bear to install though on the P2's.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

I'm looking at having the rear sway bar installed right now, be advised that it may require an SUM recalibration<p>see: <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=55454" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=55454</A><p>apparently a recal is required if they disconnect (electrically) the shock, which some shops may do in order to install the bar...though per the thread above this may not be 100% necessary. If you go to an independent shop, I'd make sure they either don't disconnect it or have the ability to do the SUM recal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts