SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I noticed that they took them out of the catalog (as in "this unit will be available spring 2002" or something along those lines. But this was only for the 98-00 V70's. They still have them for the 850's (if i remember correctly). Give them a call and ask. They're really cool guys over there.

Tony

98 V70 T5
only adjusted wastegate (for now)

·
Registered
353 Posts
They're going through the second round of testing, if all goes well, production will start in 45-60 days, so that means we'd have the bars available in prob around two months or less.
I can't wait, they're supposed to be amazing.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
On a different note,

How do you like the WeaponR filter? i was considering either that or the K&N filter charger from Eastern aerospace.

Thanks.

Tony
98 V70 T5 M

·
Registered
353 Posts
I love it, so much better throttle response, slightly increased turbo spool. And on a dyno sheet, one of my friends recorded a 7 hp to wheels increase with the hood open and 5.5 to the wheels hood closed.
This is with chipping and exhaust, but the gain was only with the filter change.

It is a GREAT deal for 55 bucks, you'll love it.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Dave,

I guess you would recommend it over the K&N than. Supposedly you get 13 Hp from the cone filter from Eastern Aerospace.

Also, did you make your own cold air box out of the existing air cleaner box? I've seen the ram air tubes but have stared at my engine bay for hours (maybe not) trying to figure out how to run the 4" tube. No can do.

Tony

98 V70 T5M

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
There was no way I would buy 13 Hp at the front wheels from an air cleaner alone. I would be happy with 5 Hp at the wheels from the air cleaner. Just didn't know if the WeaponR material was better than the K&N, or if it is the same overall idea. They both seem to use the cleaner and re-oiling kit.

BTW...what is the "ice" thing on your WeaponR description?

Tony
98 V70 T5M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts