SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I need some advice. Is it worth it to add a strut tower brace (IPD has it on sale for $159) if you do not plan on modifing the suspension or wheel/tire size? Will I still feel a benefit (ie. better handling) or is it a waste of money? Thanks again for any input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed one on my 01 S40 and have no other mods. Definetely worth it. Makes the steering response much quicker.<BR>Plus, you need less than an hour and only a few hand tools to install it.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I was hoping that would be the answer. IPD also claims that no wheel realignment is necessary. Was that your exeprience as well?<P>Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's correct. Tire wear has been perfectly even. Just make sure the car is on a flat and level surface & the wheels are pointed straight ahead when you install the brace and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally decided to get the strut tower brace for mine. Installation took less than half an hour.<P>I have to agree, the steering response is much better, my S40 has a really "crisp" feel to it now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Am using the IPD brace in combination w/their sway bar, and then added a new set of Bridgestone Potenza S-03s, 205/55/15 as mounted to new 15X7 wheels on a 42mm offset as compared to the OE 44mm--close enough/ a standard max. difference recommended of 5mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts