SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IPD has a sale going on for those too.

I have SS lines on my Toyota but I can not say that they made a huge difference.

Is the trouble and the money to install them on R worth it?

The stock lines have a rubber ring that helps keep the lines off the car paint. On my car they actually managed to take the paint off my car body when they are touching (front only). Dealer said that I have worn out sterring stops and orderd new ones. Anyway, it is better to have the rubber ring touching the body than have the lines doing it.

Do the IPD lines come with similar rubber rings?

Do you fill a big diference on braking? R's have very nice brakes anyway.

SS = braided stainless steel

Thanks

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: IPD SS brake lines (doru)

On 2 of my other cars I had steel lines. I feel that they are only needed if you have the money to burn and the time to put them in. Or if you track your car. The latter is the big one. Steel line take 4 times the pressure compared to most rubber lines. I only noticed a difference on the track

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I noticed the difference on my Sti right away but not on my "R" someone suggested that I bleed them. I didn't have to do that to the STi so I decided to wait until the "R" is in for an oil change.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: IPD SS brake lines (doru)

I'm putting the Takspeed ones on Friday, I'll let you know if I feel a difference. I have the sometimes reported "lack of brake response" the first time I hit the brakes after driving on the autobahn for a while (feels like discs are wet even when not raining). Hoping these help. Regardless, should be good on the Ring.

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Not sure if I completely understand the importance or theory of SS brake lines..
Is this to help prevent expansion in the lines so that there is a more "true" feeling to the brake?

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
Not sure if I completely understand the importance or theory of SS brake lines..
Is this to help prevent expansion in the lines so that there is a more "true" feeling to the brake?

correct

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.