SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Swedespeed!

Here's a video showing off our new Turbo Inlet and Charge Air Pipe. Both these pieces were developed to support our Stage III Turbocharger currently in the works. These pieces also benefit anyone running their stock turbocharger. We created these pieces due to the common failures in relation to the stock components. We take a moment to show you what some of those failures are and why our product is superior to anything else in the market.

Both Turbo Inlet and the Charge Air Pipe are made out of 7 layer silicone that incorporates a band of wire throughout each piece.

Both pieces incorporate bosses for the installation of an external Diverter Valve.

Both pieces are offered in blue and black available now on our website.

Charge Air Pipe

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9320/120706-silicone-performance-charge-air-pipe-p2-s60-v70-xc70

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9319/120705-silicone-performance-charge-air-pipe-p2-s60-v70-xc70

Turbo Inlet

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9298/120686-turbo-inlet-hose-black-p2-s60r-v70r

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9297/120685-turbo-inlet-hose-blue-p2-s60r-v70r

V-Band Adapter for 2004-2005 R owners wanting Charge Air Pipe

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9318/120708-v-band-adapter-k24-turbocharger-s60r-v70r-2004-2005

Below is a picture of a turbo inlet cut showing the wire insert-

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Chris, can you offer any explanation as to why the Snabb intake would eventually rub through but your silicone style intake wouldn't? I understand that yours is wire reinforced but under the same constant rubbing against pieces such as the brake lines (or others, just an example) your pipe, being also made of silicone, will also rub through, especially since the wire reinforcement is simply a coil type reinforcement, and not a mesh that covers the entire surface area of the pipe.

I like the one piece design, and if my Snabb ever does rub through I'll most likely replace it with your unit, but to be 100% honest I don't quite understand how your product isn't susceptible to the same failure issues as the Snabb unit.

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris, can you offer any explanation as to why the Snabb intake would eventually rub through but your silicone style intake wouldn't? I understand that yours is wire reinforced but under the same constant rubbing against pieces such as the brake lines (or others, just an example) your pipe, being also made of silicone, will also rub through, especially since the wire reinforcement is simply a coil type reinforcement, and not a mesh that covers the entire surface area of the pipe.

I like the one piece design, and if my Snabb ever does rub through I'll most likely replace it with your unit, but to be 100% honest I don't quite understand how your product isn't susceptible to the same failure issues as the Snabb unit.
Great question- We spent a considerable amount of time getting the angle/routing correct on our inlet tube. Ours does not press into the brake lines. The brake lines are independent of the inlet tube. If you have something hard pressed against it, it will rub through eventually. Even if it was pressed against it, different silicone will withstand rubbing for a certain period of time. Our goal was accomplished, we just didn't want any rubbing at all.

There are many levels of silicone in the market. Even without the wire reinforcement the quality level is much greater than anything else we've ever seen. Once you get these pieces in your hands, you'll be able to tell a difference immediately.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Great question- We spent a considerable amount of time getting the angle/routing correct on our inlet tube. Ours does not press into the brake lines. The brake lines are independent of the inlet tube. If you have something hard pressed against it, it will rub through eventually. Even if it was pressed against it, different silicone will withstand rubbing for a certain period of time. Our goal was accomplished, we just didn't want any rubbing at all.

There are many levels of silicone in the market. Even without the wire reinforcement the quality level is much greater than anything else we've ever seen. Once you get these pieces in your hands, you'll be able to tell a difference immediately.

Thank you
Thanks for the answer Chris, can't wait to see what the rest of your stage III kit consists of!

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
How do you have a group by on something that should be free? Hahaha
Not free but at a discount because that's what beta testers do...

But seeing how we are beta beta testers on a group buy, that'll mean a discount upon a discount + discount for the group but :)

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will the charge air pipe work with a front mount intercooler?
Being silicone you can cut and clamp it to any attachment from the FMIC. Here is a post that DOUGY started. It depends on which intercooler you have. His intercooler connected to the same factory location of the Charge Air Pipe. Our CAP worked out perfect for him.

Here's the link in case you haven't seen this post.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?182098-IPD-over-the-engine-Charge-Air-Pipe

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Being silicone you can cut and clamp it to any attachment from the FMIC. Here is a post that DOUGY started. It depends on which intercooler you have. His intercooler connected to the same factory location of the Charge Air Pipe. Our CAP worked out perfect for him.

Here's the link in case you haven't seen this post.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?182098-IPD-over-the-engine-Charge-Air-Pipe
Yep it sure did Chris, I love my Ipd Charge-Air-Pipe... it fits "perfectly" and I do have Viva/ Race-s60r (same thing) front mount inter-cooler and the ONLY place I had to trim the pipe is at the turbo side and it was about an inch.

"Thanks for an awesome product Ipd."

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sadly, I don't "wrench" on my caR....I would love to get both pipes but I have no one to install them...I talked with my mechanic and he insisted that I keep the car as close to stock as possible.

Will you guys at IPD be re-opening the installation side of your business or has that ship sailed? Do you at IPD have any recommended installation mechanics up here in the NW?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Swede One"

Sadly, I don't "wrench" on my caR....I would love to get both pipes but I have no one to install them...I talked with my mechanic and he insisted that I keep the car as close to stock as possible.

Will you guys at IPD be re-opening the installation side of your business or has that ship sailed? Do you at IPD have any recommended installation mechanics up here in the NW?
Talk to Dave. Dave is the IPD SPECIALIEST!

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Jesse- If you can't find anyone up there in your area, call or email me direct, maybe I can work something out with you here.

Thank you

1 - 20 of 42 Posts