SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else done this install? I have the kit but looking at the hoses they don't seem to be an exact match. Kinda disappointed the long ones that run over the radiator still have connections and aren't one solid piece. There isn't and instructions showing which hoses go where.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was looking into eventually get this kit. Very surprising that the hoses aren't an exact match as stock. Interested to know the outcome. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Yes I have done it.

Realistically, the two big ones are ridiculously easy to figure out - HOWEVER - that being said they are a MASSIVE PITA to get over the radiator connections - everything is relatively easy to connect. Realistically - I got one on ALL THE WAY and the other just enough to have about 1/8" past the clamp on it and gave up due to lack of room.

There's one that goes from the bottom of the reservoir to the block.

As for the long lines - I know I have assembled incorrectly - but realistically as long as you have one of those barbs that have a different diameter in the middle and have them one on each hose - you should be good to go. I have had mine like that for over a year and haven't had any issues with rubbing or heating/cooling. That being said there IS a correct way to do it but by the time I was done it was 4AM and I had to get ready to go to work, so I never took the time to fix it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes I have installed this kit. It was fairly easy figuring out which hose goes where once you take an old on off, and just compare to find one that matches.
The hardest part of the install I had was getting the stock intake off! Other than that everything else was easy peasy 🙂

·
Registered
325 Posts
I did this about 6 months ago. Getting those onto the radiator is a huge PITA. It was cold when I did it so I left the hoses inside until it was time to put them on. Also used some soapy water spray as lube but I'm sure you can use a small amount of silicone spray or something similar. I did a full flush after anyways so I wasnt worried about it.

As for the longer hoses... when assembled they should be very close to an exact match. I pulled the old ones off and assembled the new ones right next to it. I also ended up calling IPD about the different connections and their orifice size and where they should go. I was told basically it didn't matter which direction the smaller vs larger size was facing or where they went as long as they were connected to the appropriate diameter hose.

Some instructions and labeled connections would have been great and saved some time. Maybe if someone does a write up they will make a PDF out of it!

Edit: attached a photo of the finished product and I do love the look of them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts