1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
775 Posts
Think about it, what happens when you take a hollow metal tube and try to twist it?
It will twist until the material properties no longer allow for elastic deformation. No matter whether hollow or solid, you twist a round tube it has a certain amount of elastic deformation (all metals do). This is based upon the yield strength of the material.

Without getting into a materials lesson, you can build an ARB from hollow tubing. It's actually very common.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
From what I've heard, this is a great upgrade for the S60/v60. I don't think you'll be disappointed by this upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
It's solid, I put it on the car when I'd had car 2 months. Awesome upgrade for the cost. Viva has one and so does Elevate.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I also have it and recommend it.

Likely unrelated, but dealer says I should be replacing my rear bushings at 90K miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I once "upgraded" one of my cars to include all polyurethane bushings (control arms and sway bars) like the ones included in most aftermarket sway bar kits. It was a real headache for me. The sway bars ended up being clamped real tight by the bushings. The alignment of the bushings to the bar was not perfect, and the U-brackets seemed to pinch the bushings too tightly, resulting in a lot of friction. You don't want friction in the suspension. I improved the situation by shimming the U-clamps away from the frame.

Same for the control arms, but never found a good solution for that.

Also, I could never get them to stop squeeking.

Your experience may be better.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's an excellent, easy-to-install upgrade. Make sure you have two jacks (and stands for safety) to get the entire rear up.

It will help reduce body roll, plain and simple. And yes it's solid.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Another extremely satisfied ipd customer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's an excellent, easy-to-install upgrade. Make sure you have two jacks (and stands for safety) to get the entire rear up.

It will help reduce body roll, plain and simple. And yes it's solid.
I did it with a single jack and two jack stands - just lift the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts