SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the going rate for a rear (only) IPD sway bar install by a dealer?<p>and do I need to have a SUM recalibration for this, or is that only if the springs are changed? <p>thanks<p>Ken<p>(ps--I did do a search)<br>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: IPD rear sway install questions (kenschel)

Sure you do, a shock has to be removed

·
Registered
514 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>kenschel</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the going rate for a rear (only) IPD sway bar install by a dealer?<p>and do I need to have a SUM recalibration for this, or is that only if the springs are changed? <p>thanks<p>Ken<p>(ps--I did do a search)</TD></TR></TABLE><p>It is only if the shock is electrically disconected. <p>I installed both my front and rear bars. The rear installation was simple and didn't require a complete removal. I had to remove the lower nut which held the shock to its perch, and that's it. The connections never had to be removed, SO no SUM required for aft bar install.<p>It shouldn't take a dealer very long and if they charge you more than 2 hours time on the job you are comforting pockets......<p>I installed mine in 2 hours and this IS my first volvo, btw.<p>Kevin<p>Note: Shock does not have to be removed...the lower mount is disco'd and that is all as far as "shock removal" goes.<br><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by KVB at 1:35 AM 3-18-2006</i>

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Re: IPD rear sway install questions (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sure you do, a shock has to be removed</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Is this based on DATA or just JRL's extensive litany of personal biases?<p>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: IPD rear sway install questions (cschmelz)

Some installers remove one shock

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thanks all for the clarification about SUM recalibration and how it relates to messing with the shock absorber

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Had mine done by my indy. Shock was not electronically disconnected, thus no SUM recalib. From what he told me...same story as above, a bolt or nut taken loose and that's it. It can be done, so don't let them tell you, even at the dealer that they have to charge you for a download and its time. They can do it simply if they choose.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Dave, <br>you do not have an R. These installs are totally different than on an S70

1 - 8 of 8 Posts