SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pocket Penguin,<p>How is the car handling with only IPD's rear neutral sway bar? Does it reduce the side hop and rear suspension clunkiness on Boston roads? Did you get upgraded endlinks also? Did you goto a dealer for this install?<p>I'm curious since I'm thinking about just the rear sways without the lowered springs, unless there is stiffer springs with no drop. <p>Thanks<p>dhdd

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Re: IPD Rear Sway bar Only (dhdd)

i havnt actually installled my sway bar kit, ipd sway bar kit with slight oversteer, due to being extremely busy. but the last time i talked to George from VIVA he was going to get them installed before me. i was in the process of finding a mod friendly dealer also, i tried to put them in myself but i had trouble getting the stock sway around the 4c reservoir. i was also planning not to lower my car, cause the roads here are so bad. sorry i couldnt be of more help. if you still have questions about this just drop me a PM around september. thats when i htink im going to get them installed.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Re: IPD Rear Sway bar Only (dhdd)

I have just the rear sway on, with no other mods. Previously I've had the software and bushing update for the sidehop. Some reports on the forum told of a big difference in sidehop with both sways and springs; with the rear sway only, I can't say there was a big difference. It certainly is no worse, possibly a little better. In retrospect I wouldn't spend the money on the sways for the small improvement I found in hop, but if you have other reasons to want the new rear sway then it may be worth it to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts