SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got finished wiith the installation of the IPD (R Kelly) CAI. It was pretty easy with a couple of PITA moments.

Getting the hose through the splash pan took some time with drilling, cutting and testing over and over. When I finally got it to fit properly through the pan I had a hard time to get the new grille to snap in properly. I still do not have it in properly at one side, but it seems to be sitting pretty good anyway. Will work on this again another day.
Does anyone have any good advice on how to get this to fit, or is it just brute force?

I did cut the hose a litttle in order not to bend the hose too much through the engine bay. This also made it easier to fit the hose on to the filter box without the need to force down the box too much when tightening it. Is this cutting of the hose OK? Is it maybe better to have it shorter?

I am pretty pleased with the result of the intake though. It seems like the R is responding better. I guess that would mean I just got slightly more torque, right?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (crimnlmnded)

Quote, originally posted by crimnlmnded »
I wound up trimming the funnel piece some in order to get the grille to snap in correctly.

Where and how did you trim it exactly?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I had the same problem witht the fog light grill cover going back on properly. I trimmed the funnel to allow a little bit better fitment. The grill is in snug but is noticeably pushed out further than the passenger side. May have to order another fog light grill soon as my clips are looking pretty stressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts