SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: IPD R Boost Gauge Pics and Video (brettborders)

Well done sir, well done! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Tiny)

Quote, originally posted by Tiny »
I like it! I would have tried to match the tan A pillar fabric myself.
Where Do You Get EXACT Matching Fabric?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (badams1897)

Quote, originally posted by badams1897 »
Your car sounds good more internal video please!! Must be your DP and Cat back mine does not growl nearly that much
Here's A Drive By Accel. Sound Video-

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: (brettborders)

Awesome!...So, you took apart the gauge to paint the needle and its surround...? I thought iPD took care of making it look like the stock gauges...?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (pafox)

The Needle Was Too Dark Of Red and Had Brush Lines In It So It Looked Like it Was Hand Painted. Then Comparing To The Stock Needles, The Base Being Black Didn't Match The Factory Ones So I Painted It Laser Blue Code 441 and The Needle Osha Popsickle Orange.

·
Registered
454 Posts

Quote, originally posted by brettborders »
The Needle Was Too Dark Of Red and Had Brush Lines In It So It Looked Like it Was Hand Painted. Then Comparing To The Stock Needles, The Base Being Black Didn't Match The Factory Ones So I Painted It Laser Blue Code 441 and The Needle Osha Popsickle Orange.

Looks good.

Have any speedo vids ? ? I would be interested in those.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: (TurboR850)

Here is my question to you - does the overlay allow for light to come through behind the needle? If so, I might have a trick up my sleeve

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (AthruC)

Quote, originally posted by AthruC »
Here is my question to you - does the overlay allow for light to come through behind the needle? If so, I might have a trick up my sleeve

No, But What Is Up Your Sleeve?

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

..oh. That sort of ruins that idea. One option might be to 'peel away' or 'cut away' part of the overlay that goes under the needle then, but that brings up a whole other aspect of complexity. I'll PM you in a moment.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Seriously, what gauge pod is that? I think you can find matching fabric at any fabric or interior design store. And I plan on looking...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (T5 for Life)

Quote, originally posted by T5 for Life »
Seriously, what gauge pod is that? I think you can find matching fabric at any fabric or interior design store. And I plan on looking...
It's A Generic/Universal One From Checkers/Autozone/Pep Boys, I Don't Remember, I Bought It 8 Months Ago and Took It Out Of The Package and Threw Away The Package So I Don't Know What Brand It Is.

It Cost About $15 and Was For The A-Pillar. I Wittled Away The Base So It Was Not Wrapping Around The A-Pillar and Looked More OEM.
Sorry.

Seriously Let Me Know If You Find EXACT Matching Fabric.

Does Anybody Know If The Fabric Covered A-Pillar Covers Were Exclusive To The R's, What Years?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
More pics of the 240 please!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.