SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering upgrading to IPD's power slot rotors and performance pads. Does anyone have any experience with these components? Are these rotors any larger than stock?

Thanks,

Duncan Catlett

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quite often, I have read that anything other than OEM Rotor/Pads on Volvo induces two things: one, screech/noise and two, decreased stopping distance. Granted, replacement more frequently is required due to the soft nature of the pad. But, we are talking about something VERY important - Braking/Stopping.

Andrew T. Watson

·
Registered
27 Posts
Based on my experience with IPD, I would be surprised if they were peddling rotor and pad updgrades that were inferior to brembo. I put the PBR pads that they sell on my 940 with new brembo rotors and noticed no degridation in performance. I also noticed less dust, as they claimed would be the case. I beleive that the guys at IPD know their stuff.

The only source I know of that claims that volvo pads are superior and that it is normal for the rotors to wear with the pads (new rotors with new pads) is the local volvo dealer. Of course, the local dealer is the only place to have thrown away my K&N air filter and replace it with a $35 paper filter. They also threw away my bosch plantinum +4 plugs with about 3k miles on them. Never called to ask if I was sure I wanted the full 60k interval service. Brakes are one of their gravy jobs. They want you to do them as often as possible without getting angry. Something like 3 flat rate hours for the front? More like 1 real hour at the curb, using the tire jack.

Those slotted rotors are a good price too. $100 each for the front. Volvo lists the brembos at about $120 each, although you could get them far cheeper from autohausaz.com or swedishengineering.com

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I am ordering the IPD slotted rotors in a month, I'll post the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts