SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to put a new FMIC and DP ,,, what do you think of IPD PRODUCTS ??? Do u recommend it ??

What about other FMIC AND DP BRANDS ??

As u know IPD MAKING A GOOD SUMMER DISCOUNT 10%

please advise ur replied are welcomed :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
IPD makes quality products and takes time to do R&D. Any FMIC on the market will do the same exact thing as many will mention. I have a Phuz DP and it was well worth themoney.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Well you gotta do some research a lil on your own too.. Ipd intercooler Is a drop in... Which is awesome for what they give you.. But most of us on here went with a frount mount intercooler, the piping on the hot and cold side are changed which are way better quality then what Volvo offers for stock... Both products are awesome, performance are the same I think between the 2.. Ipd requires less work to install... But the others kits have a Lil bit more wow factor..

·
Registered
42 Posts
is there a difference between ipd's drop-in and an FMIC like Phuzz's or Viva's in terms of performance? I would get ipd's intercooler but i'm worried that there may still be some heat soak as it's not a FMIC. I live in LA and temps have gotten up to 100-105 this summer, so i wonder how ipd's product would perform in higher temps.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Go fmic for sure. If your good and tool handy go custom. If not, grab phmic and you won't be disappointed

·
Registered
42 Posts
since i don't live on the east coast i can't have phuzz install the fmic, is the kit something a shop out here would feel confident installing?

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
There was a recent thread posted by someone with the IPD drop-in and they were overheating their car. Theory being that the IPD drop-in was sucking so much heat out of the intake charge that the air going over the radiator was too hot to really cool the car...

FMICs do not overlap the entire radiator so don't have this problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts