SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love this product... excellent quality, fits perfect "i mean perfect" as you can see in pics below and finally I have easy access to my coils/plugs and the top cover and NO more lining up OEM aluminum pipe when putting things together...very very happy with this, awesome Charge Air Pipe.

also "it fits perfectly to an aftermarket front mount intercooler as well, cause that is what I have."

you do not need to remove upper bar "see pics" , trimming on turbo side is about all you have to do.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
All I see is the clamp. The charge pipe from IPD is clear? OH! A bluetooth connected turbo and intercooler! Damn those IPD guys think of everything.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
that is a f'ing cool piece. its not about looks its about making power. this is the business end of the car. lol i hope i dont get booted off the forum for saying this though (lol?) i do not like the IPD logo stamped on the pipe. logos everywhere. they should stick with the one logo on the billet support piece. its subtle but its there and it doesnt distract from anything. besides that very cool! good work dougy!

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is a f'ing cool piece. its not about looks its about making power. this is the business end of the car. lol i hope i dont get booted off the forum for saying this though (lol?) i do not like the IPD logo stamped on the pipe. logos everywhere. they should stick with the one logo on the billet support piece. its subtle but its there and it doesnt distract from anything. besides that very cool! good work dougy!
lolol...thanks, i did not noticed that logo until now ...was too busy drooling over it...:D it's fine ;).

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Why do you say that tspot? I think a company should put their name wherever they want on a part they design build and sell. There's like 12 "R"s on the S60R
ya at the end of the day it pretty much is up to them isnt it? :D i dont think it would be a deal breaker for me when the time comes for me to buy one, its just for me personally i dont like alot of advertising, ie. my car is debadged(all except the R haha), so the ipd logo x 2 for the one on the pipe and the one on the support is a little much for me. dont get me wrong this is still a very cool piece

·
Registered
172 Posts
well call me "Debbie Downer" I don't like it. The wrapped appearance looks like it's home made. I like the look of Samco silicone piping better. I don't think there is an OTE pipe for our cars though.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
well call me "Debbie Downer" I don't like it. The wrapped appearance looks like it's home made. I like the look of Samco silicone piping better. I don't think there is an OTE pipe for our cars though.
I agree, it looks too home made, all wrapped pipe or such look. I actually like Dougy's engine setup and the flat black plastic pipe with a little rubber wrap (intercooler side) looked a lot better.

There's no doubt though to Dougy's setup and buying iPd's pipe, its useful and purposeful for him. Looking forward to the 'whole' package for iPd and seeing it with their turbo and whatnot.

Nonetheless dougy, looks good and always a fan of your work/progress.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
This is why I plan on just having some pipe welded together to make my own and buy the adapter for the 04/05 models. I'm not a fan of the wrap look either but to each his own.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
The stock OTE pipe is just so much prettier.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts