SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ipd is pleased to announce that the long awaited ipd Sport Exhaust System for 2004-2007 S60R and V70R models will soon be available for sale. Over 12 months in development and testing went into this revolutionary 304 Stainless Steel Oval tubing system. It is the first of it's kind to address concerns with currently available Sport systems. Primarily being issues with reduced ground clearance and overall sound quality and fitment. The oval tubing comes straight out of NASCAR, where it is used to provide maximum ground clearance and reduced wind drag. We went to great lengths to develop a system that has telescoping slip fit joints in key areas to allow the system to fit the S60R and the V70R. This helped us to reduce the cost as well as making resale of the systems in the future much more attractive. The oval tubing used in our systems has an equivalent cross section of 3-1/8" diameter round tubing and offers excellent flow characteristics and the compact stainless rear muffler uses long life rock wool for a slightly more aggressive tone compared to the TME systems we previously sold, but not so loud as to become obnoxious that is a common complaint about some of the systems that are currently available for the R's.

Specifics:
-Equivalent ground clearance compared to stock system
-"TRUE" Oval Tubing construction provides flow equivalent to 3 1/8" round tubing.
-Polished T304 Stainless Steel Construction
-Hight Volume Low Restriction Rock Wool Muffler
-Telescoping design allows for precise tailpipe fitment for S60R and V70R
-Contoured and profiled tips

Arrival:
We have our first batch of 5 systems arriving first week of January. Another 20 systems arriving in February.

Price: $895.00

Part #120005

To pre order please call 800-444-6473. Once we recieve our first batch, additional photos and specifications will be listed on the website. Pre orders are by phone only at this time.

If you have additional questions, hit me up!

·
Registered
956 Posts
so awesome and sexy... but just too far out of my price range for a catback system.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Can I order just the tip?

sent from my ACS EVO

·
Registered
688 Posts
Questions abound IPD. Will this Catback require a tune, or can it be run with the factory tune? Any thoughts on HP/TQ gains?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Questions abound IPD. Will this Catback require a tune, or can it be run with the factory tune? Any thoughts on HP/TQ gains?
You never need a tune for a catback.

Im still waiting for a twin exhaust system for the P2.
Sometihng like the Mercedes AMG

I agree, I was trying to talk iPd into it in the other thread, with many people agreeing with me. DevolvR and I are doing custom quad tip exhaust in the next few months...

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
That would be amazing... I'm surprised that there isn't one out there right now.
I have discussed this with my local exhaust shop. For him to make a custom one it will cost $750ish - due to the spare tyre well being in the way.
Nothing against the IPD system, but I just cant understand why some bent steel piping and a muffler should cost $895.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I have discussed this with my local exhaust shop. For him to make a custom one it will cost $750ish - due to the spare tyre well being in the way.
Nothing against the IPD system, but I just cant understand why some bent steel piping and a muffler should cost $895.
Not sure as I dont know the exchange rate off hand at the moment, so dont know if 750 is high or low; but the spare tire isn't in the way as much as you might think... here is my car:
Photobucket
Photobucket

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Completely agree, I'm having a full 3" TBE with E-cutout done for around this price. Was going to wait and to see if a GB was going to happen and glad I didn't. Gotta be the R&D involved that causes these vendors to charge so much. In all fairness, the oval tubing is a lot more and the bends to keep the system a 'true' oval can raise costs a lot. Funny, they are still competetive with the other vendors. Sounds great, and if a few hundred bucks wasn't a huge deal for me, I might jump but it's just still too much for my taste. I do look forward to hearing the first few systems and people's response to them installed on their cars.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts