SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have any problems with rain squeal with either the iPD or EST cat back exhausts?
The resonator looks smaller, but figured before I pull the trigger on one, better make sure it isn't a problem.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Anyone ever have any problems with rain squeal with either the iPD or EST cat back exhausts?
The resonator looks smaller, but figured before I pull the trigger on one, better make sure it isn't a problem.
Thanks!
Here's a dynamic Idea.....Resonator delete......doesn't matter what you have for a catback it WILL make your car sound beastly.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Here's a dynamic Idea.....Resonator delete......doesn't matter what you have for a catback it WILL make your car sound beastly.
Not what he's asking. He probably doesn't want to pay a shop $75 to cut out a resonator after dropping $750 on a cat back. Let someone with an EST or IPD exhaust answer.

·
6,436 Posts
I DID experience rain squeal with an EST resonator, but only once.Perhaps the exhaust was hanging too high.
I have since replaced it with a straight sound pipe, and would never go back. Don't even botter with a resonator

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I would go with the IPD unit. I have the est and the way the rear muffler looks on it bothers me. I also have the stright pipe and have never had rain squeal. If I were to do it all over again I would get the IPD system if that helps you.

·
6,436 Posts
I would go with the IPD unit. I have the est and the way the rear muffler looks on it bothers me. I also have the stright pipe and have never had rain squeal. If I were to do it all over again I would get the IPD system if that helps you.
Out of your curiosity, what are you basing your opinion on? What's wrong with the EST unit vs IPD?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info so far!
I was leaning towards the EST because they are local for me, but the IPD is very appealing too.
While I did the resonator delete - I'd like to avoid chopping up a brand new cat back exhaust...
Nothing like a great sounding car that squeals in the rain - mind you, my brakes still scream bloody murder at lights!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks for the info so far!
I was leaning towards the EST because they are local for me, but the IPD is very appealing too.
While I did the resonator delete - I'd like to avoid chopping up a brand new cat back exhaust...
Nothing like a great sounding car that squeals in the rain - mind you, my brakes still scream bloody murder at lights!!
You do not nave to cut EST system. And you can buy the one without the resonator:
http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/mm5/m...Code=VLE-365-107&Category_Code=VL-S60-exhaust

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks!
No problems with the IDP unit. At first I modded the rain squeal mount to fit the oval section but after a DP swap the system was solid with plenty of clearance related to the drive shaft and the rain-squeal mount became overkill.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm maybe I should have let my exhaust bracket of death! ;)
Thanks for the pic.
Today I'm leaning towards the Ipd system...

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Out of your curiosity, what are you basing your opinion on? What's wrong with the EST unit vs IPD?
Nuthing is really wrong with it as I stated. If I did it again I would go IPD because of the single 3 inch oval tubing and the way the system looks and sounds.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Thanks missed that one on the site.
Just wish they didn't go with the round tips, like the old style
I have slash cut tips from est. They look better in my opinnion then the stright round ones.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The slash cut tips are standard on the EST exhaust now (contacted the company).
The sound clips from the ipd sound a bit better than the EST, but EST is local so I can pick up directly from them vs almost $400 shipping plus taxes from US...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Sounds like you've picked the winner? :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Although, the Elevate exhaust is also available and found out shipping is about one third the cost of iPD...
decisions decisions

·
Registered
491 Posts
The Elevate was my 2nd choice.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EST sale, I can get the sport exhaust AND the DP for only a couple hundred more than the Elevate (and about the same as the iPD exhaust)!!
Now, can I convince the wife I need the RICA tune as well! :)

anyone have any issues with CEL's and the EST DP?

·
Registered
79 Posts
EST sale, I can get the sport exhaust AND the DP for only a couple hundred more than the Elevate (and about the same as the iPD exhaust)!!
Now, can I convince the wife I need the RICA tune as well! :)

anyone have any issues with CEL's and the EST DP?
Just saw that, EST sport exhaust with down pipe $1326 delivered to California!!! Anyone know how long there sale is on for?? Don't promo code estsw4r3 for additional 10% off exhaust..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts