SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
ARD TCV, has the best tested response time / acuation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took a look at both controls there better made then the stock! but @jgayda666 how's the ride or anything different from stock!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The on/off of the turbo is much quicker. To be honest I had some issues with my stock TCV, so the Elevate TCV feels a million times better...
I wish I had a healthy stock TCV to compare it to.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Interesting thread as some will say that the stock is best. There have been recent posts about IPD and Fuzzy TCV issues. Can't speak for Elevate since this is the first I've heard of them having one!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i think ard is the cheaper of the bunch too, and i know rob is starting to make a name for himself as an independent as well.... btw stay tuned for software from him soon as well

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
And you know this how?

To the OP: I just installed the Elevate TCV and it feels great, I have no experience with the other brands thought.
Very well put together kit and the install was easy
R&D... ARD took every valve and sent them for testing. The Mac Valve that most if not all the companies are using now do have there variances. ARDs valve has a proven response/acuation time of .002 while the competitors valves are about .006. Not a huge difference but that acutation matters. When a real tune is done for your car the TCV comes into play in the tune or at least should and ARD tunes for this. Don't work for them, not sponsored, I just happen to know first hand and have alot of information from the source.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
R&D... ARD took every valve and sent them for testing. The Mac Valve that most if not all the companies are using now do have there variances. ARDs valve has a proven response/acuation time of .002 while the competitors valves are about .006. Not a huge difference but that acutation matters. When a real tune is done for your car the TCV comes into play in the tune or at least should and ARD tunes for this. Don't work for them, not sponsored, I just happen to know first hand and have alot of information from the source.
Definitely good to know!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ooooold thread, but I was wondering if there's any new info considering ipd has a 2nd version out now. And the elevate one is made of all metal. Will it last longer? Also considering you can get the elevate one from fcp euro and get a lifetime warranty.... Seems kinda like the best choice

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
My only beef with the elevate tcv is its noisy because its meant to be mounted on the firewall. So yeah, its loud, which is kind of annoying but it works. My oem valve was garbage by the time i replaced it.
Doing the job can be tricky if your AWD but its do-able, and before you cut your vac hose, leave them all as long as possible, take it for a ride, mounted in different places to see if you can get it on a quieter location, then cut the hoses to the appropriate size.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My only beef with the elevate tcv is its noisy because its meant to be mounted on the firewall. So yeah, its loud, which is kind of annoying but it works. My oem valve was garbage by the time i replaced it.
Doing the job can be tricky if your AWD but its do-able, and before you cut your vac hose, leave them all as long as possible, take it for a ride, mounted in different places to see if you can get it on a quieter location, then cut the hoses to the appropriate size.
Like the motor or servo or whatever is loud or the release of pressure is loud? And I do have awd. Anyone have a write up on it?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Like the motor or servo or whatever is loud or the release of pressure is loud? And I do have awd. Anyone have a write up on it?

There's a writeup in the sticky. Not a bad job- took me around an hour the first time and less than 30 min the 2nd (changing back to the stock Pierburg for the Hilton tune). Basically just swap the hoses onto your new TCV, making sure they're connected to the correct ports (it's easy to mix them up). Removing the front passenger tire and fender liner will probably give you the easiest access. I accessed it from the bottom both times though- just pop off the skid plate and IC-turbo hard pipe. Long handled, angled needle nose pliers will come in handy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There's a writeup in the sticky. Not a bad job- took me around an hour the first time and less than 30 min the 2nd (changing back to the stock Pierburg for the Hilton tune). Basically just swap the hoses onto your new TCV, making sure they're connected to the correct ports (it's easy to mix them up). Removing the front passenger tire and fender liner will probably give you the easiest access. I accessed it from the bottom both times though- just pop off the skid plate and IC-turbo hard pipe. Long handled, angled needle nose pliers will come in handy.
Thank you! Did you get the elevate or the ipd?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
From an engine control standpoint, the ECU is calibrated to work with a specific solenoid. Yes, the ECU can compensate for solenoid variation/different solenoids....but it shouldn't have to. Do you want the best boost control possible? Stick with the stock solenoid.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

(to the best of my understanding, and if i remember correctl...) You can hear the solenoid opening and closing rapidly when you accelerate anything > 1/2 throttle, because it is mounted on the firewall. Which is why i am saying to play around with the location before cutting the hose to length. Also, the stock unit comes out by pushing up IIRC, the clip is hard to see but i think you just push it up towards the hood and it'll pop out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
From an engine control standpoint, the ECU is calibrated to work with a specific solenoid. Yes, the ECU can compensate for solenoid variation/different solenoids....but it shouldn't have to. Do you want the best boost control possible? Stick with the stock solenoid.
Can you show me some data on this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts