SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just wonderin if anyone knows why ipd stopped selling the last gen hd tcv? Does anyone know what the problem was. I had one sitting and installed it today just curious to know what issues people are having with them. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
i have mine for a long tome and no issues.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews. I had one on my brothers S70 T5 and it seemed to work fine. That was only for about six months though. I have the Delco TCV and love it. It's cheap too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had mine for a while and it works perfectly :)

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
There were a couple issues that I know of, one was that they were mis-adjusted out of the box, but that was early on and resolved pretty quickly. The other was just durability, they wore out faster, didn't have the long life advertised. I went back to stock on both my cars that had them, stock ones made the cars smoother during accelleration.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Mine worked well before I got a new ECU file and not so well afterwards.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i installed the ipd tcv again and the car seems to pull a lot harder now. Is there anything i need to watch out for? Kinda hard to tell boost levels as i dont have a boost gauge.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to mention that mine is automatic. Dont know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, if i decide to go back to stock tcv, what procedure/adaptation do i need to do? Thanks

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Most the issues I've heard with them was just longevity. I heard they weren't designed to cope with some of the underhood temps that were there.

I haven't heard much about the redesigned one they got now. I will get one sooner or later.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill be switching back to stock soon. Should i perform the same adaptation when i installed the ipd hd tcv? Or can i just pull fuses to reset the ecu?thanks

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Regardless of what brand TCV you should do a reset and adaptation.

Did IPD stop selling these entirely? I haven't checked lately but I had thought they were doing replacements with an updated version. I'd be surpirsed if they bailed completely....

These TCV can be subject to clogging and early failure, both OEM and aftermarket, any new valve will bring performance back to stock levels thus giving the impression of improvement.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
I'm due for another replacement, I've gone through 2 OEM and 1 1st Gen IPD valve in 180,000 miles. I am willing to give the new IPD valve another chance but it doesn't look like they are in stock at this point?

Might have to go the Delco route this time as I know it's supposed to be rugged and durable, is the part # still ACDelco 214-474 Valve Assembly??

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ill try and switch back to stock. Its just hard to do the adaptation from where i live cuz theres traffic lights in every corner and cant even get to 60!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm due for another replacement, I've gone through 2 OEM and 1 1st Gen IPD valve in 180,000 miles. I am willing to give the new IPD valve another chance but it doesn't look like they are in stock at this point?

Might have to go the Delco route this time as I know it's supposed to be rugged and durable, is the part # still ACDelco 214-474 Valve Assembly??
Hmmm. I heard people using the delco brand but is it any good? Any mods to do when installing them? Can i use my stock hose for the delco brand?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
NJ, i called Chris, and he told me that will be in stock soon, from what i saw/read, the solenoid looks the same but IPD one is build for exact specs that we need. I just ordered one to replace the old one on my T5R. :) (could resist to put R lol)

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Supposed to be the hot stuff for high duty turbo apllications, tougher than many oem, comparable to phuzz or ipd but loast way longer is what I heard..

More info here: http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/113099-ac-delco-boost-control-solenoid-tcv-mod-impressions/

need a connector and pigtail I think : the acdelco part number for the valve is 214-474 (GM#1997152) List $81.46 Wholesale $51.00

the acdelco part number for the connector is PT374 (GM#12102747) List $31.00 Wholesale $19.50

people buy em for $20 on amazon......worth a shot

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
yes, its nice trying to save money in different options, i went with a new IPD one just because there was a good price for me :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts