SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have an IPD TCV and are on the stock tune, what numbers are your boost spikes peaking at? Just came back from a spirited drive (first one since moving to OHIO I might add) and my boost gauge logged 2 spikes at 1.4 bar ~ 20 psi and 1 at 1.5 bar ~ 21.5 psi. I'm just wondering if this is the norm or what others are seeing. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: IPD HD TCV and stock tune and boost spikes (juve021)

Tony, when you flashed back to stock, is it possible that the stock ECU needs to go thru the "learning process" all over again with the IPD TCV? I suppose you can also remove the positive & negative terminal wires in the trunk, and connect them for 20 seconds to reset the whole car, and then go thru the learning curve again...<p>Hope you're enjoying Ohio!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: (juve021)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>juve021</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Randy I did not touch positive and negatives after return to stock. I will try this tomorrow....good idea btw. You are probably right in that the ecu must relearn the tcv with stock tune</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Correct. ECU gets a bit wonky when I swap TCV's and I would hae spikes all over the place until I "ground out" the ECU. Then give it a a bit to relearn. I suspect,, in a stock tune, you would only see spikes on shifting to 16-17.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Re: (Johnr352)

I'm 100% stock other than my boost gauge and IPD TCV and my maximum spikes are 17-18 psi.<p>Cheers,<p>Jeff

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: IPD HD TCV and stock tune and boost spikes (juve021)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>juve021</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have an IPD TCV and are on the stock tune, what numbers are your boost spikes peaking at? Just came back from a spirited drive (first one since moving to OHIO I might add) and my boost gauge logged 2 spikes at 1.4 bar ~ 20 psi and 1 at 1.5 bar ~ 21.5 psi. I'm just wondering if this is the norm or what others are seeing. Thanks in advance!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Did you go through IPD's adaptation procedure?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I don't mean to thread jack, but for someone who will be installing an IPD TCV on a car that has always had a stock flash, should I follow this ground-out procedure? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Re: IPD HD TCV and stock tune and boost spikes (Needsdecaf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Needsdecaf</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Did you go through IPD's adaptation procedure?</TD></TR></TABLE><p><br>or just pull the ECM fuses in the fuse box.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts