SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Swedespeed members;
for the next two weeks (till wednesday the 24th) i will be accepting all E-MAILS regarding the IPD group buy. After speaking to Scott over at IPD we have decided that the best thing to do is have all serious people submit to me what you would want to buy, what kind of price you would look for and any kind of packages of IPD stuff that you may be able to assemble. To help other interested buyers, you may want to post your requested items due to the nature of a group buy; more is better.
I will also be posting this on volvospeed, volvotuning and brickboard, so there will be a good amount of people given this opportunity and i feel that we should get some pretty good prices.
The products will be ordered and purchased through Scott Hart, but forewarded to him via e-mails that you send TO ME.

Most likely the payment/order will take place the first of May which gives you all time to check your wallets and your cars for those upgrades that you KNOW YOU NEED.

Take Care all, and remember, if you love your car, you'll buy it a present.

·
Registered
999 Posts
SWAYBARS!!! for my '96 854T. I don't think they're available yet, however. Heck, I'd just like for them to be available again and don't know what I would want to pay. Lower price is better of course, and I don't remember what they listed for before they were pulled off the shelves, so I won't insult Scott w/ an obscenly low figure.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Since I couldn't delete all the other extra posts on the other sections. I would really suggest you can stick same topic under maybe this section or the other one.

Kinda thought that was a bit much to have it all over the forum.
But thanks for the effort, though. I'm sure many of us can appreciate a group buy from IPD....just not being solicited.

All in all, good intention....I'm sure I can think of something I might need from IPD.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Good luck with this. Group Buys have been used very successfully on our other sites, and as the Volvo aftermarket grows, I hope to see them do the same here.

For those who may read VWvortex closely, the new Group Buy rules there do not yet apply to Swedespeed, though we may implement them at some time.

That wouldn't matter anyway, as IPD is a banner advertiser, but I just wanted to clarify for those who read both sites.

Also, a suggestion, I believe more specific Group Buys tend to go over better, both with manufacturers and car owners in their receptiveness.

For instance, find a large number of owners looking for an ECU upgrade and do a GB for that, or another one for another specific item like the intermittent wiper relay etc.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I just got a reply from ipd about Swaybar availability... June or July is their estimate.
Of course, I still have the snow tires on the car so what's my rush?

I've got the ecu already, and don't want/need shocks or springs. What else can I spend my tax return on? lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts