SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, does the external diverter valve that IPD offers sound like a blow-off valve or something? what's the advantage over a forged CBV from viva or EST?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello,
Our external diverter valve is a piston-style recirculating diverter valve. There is a window that can be opened to partially vent atmospherically, but with Volvo engine management systems you really don't want to vent any metered air. From what I know of the Forge CBV and other true BOV's is that they simply take the place of the factory CBV and can be adjusted to moderate how much pressure is vented off to the atmosphere, which provides that "woosh" sound that are synonymous with blow-off valves.
Our diverter valve is heavily overbuilt, with examples of our valve used on other vehicle applications pushing 900+ HP. The factory CBV on the K24 doesn't seat well on the turbo and this causes the turbo to have to work overtime in order to maintain boost pressure. Our diverter valve is a great way to improve turbo longevity, and can also minimize dreaded turbo flutter on high performance builds. There is a great video where Ken and Chris discuss this product on the ipd website: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9742/121131-ipd-hd-diverter-valve-polished-s60r-v70r
I hope that this information is helpful, and thank you for your interest in our products!
-Brandon

·
Registered
591 Posts
So, does the external diverter valve that IPD offers sound like a blow-off valve or something? what's the advantage over a forged CBV from viva or EST?
I run the IPD valve with the "BOV window" open. I don't have any problems with ECU codes and enjoy the sound. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I run it with the window closed and it's pretty loud.....good woosh sound....cbv is more pshhht sound

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will the boostability kit from IPD work with stock intercooler, basically what I'm asking is it just a bolt-on?

·
Registered
591 Posts
will the boostability kit from IPD work with stock intercooler, basically what I'm asking is it just a bolt-on?
It's designed for use on the stock car. I had to cut the OTE hose to work with my FMIC.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts