SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

can the exhaust be installed with the stock downpipe?

Why? Need to service the AOC and I also have the new exhaust but the DP is in backorder. Also later this month (after getting the parts including the 4T4) I'll have to go to the shop to change the clutch and the turbo. So I can drop the exhaust now, service the AOC (have to drop the drive shaft for that), install the new exhaust, and later the shop can do the clutch+turbo and when putting the car back together use the new pipe.

Thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Yep.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Yes will probably have to drill out or cut and hammer the old studs out of the dp.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yes will probably have to drill out or cut and hammer the old studs out of the dp.
Find a shop with someone who knows how to use an acetylene torch. Heat the bolts cherry red and they come out like they are buttered. As long as they are not rusted to round stubs, then cutting may be in order.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just put my cat back on with stock downpipe on this last Sunday, I cut off old bolts with cut off wheel at flange and exhaust dropped immediately, just cut as close as you can. New exhaust sounds great and was very easy to install. Just remember to re tighten everything in about a week after everything has had a chance to expand and contract.

On a side note, what service are you doing to AoC? If you are replacing fluid and filter you may not need to remove driveshaft unless replacing pump from loss of AWD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts