SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have decided to flash my ECU and am doing the preliminary research on the effects of my car. However, I have one problem that I cannot seem to resolve. On IPD's website one of the requirements is a computer with windows xp. I have not had a computer with xp on it for years. I am on windows 7 and have no access to an xp computer. Anyone know if they will update their software to work with a more recent operating system?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
So, I have decided to flash my ECU and am doing the preliminary research on the effects of my car. However, I have one problem that I cannot seem to resolve. On IPD's website one of the requirements is a computer with windows xp. I have not had a computer with xp on it for years. I am on windows 7 and have no access to an xp computer. Anyone know if they will update their software to work with a more recent operating system?
Most people I know have downgraded their Win7 to XP Pro (because it's faster and still more stable). XP is readily available. It's very easy to get. Just get a copy and install it in a second boot partition. That way you can simply select XP on boot up. A lot of people do that. It's very easy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you have Win7 Pro, download and install XP mode. It'll allow you to run a VM with XP and it works just fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
duh i did not even think of that. That is what I will do then. Just run Win 7 in xp virtualization mode. It's weird but i have never run into a compatibility issue before with windows 7

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Agreed with everyone here, go with XP Mode, it works great.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
"
This is for Windows 7 32 bit. AFAIK 64 bit will not work. It is using an IPD CD I got many years ago (2007). No idea if IPD has updated the bits since then.
With the 64bit version of 7 Pro you have to use XP Mode which is a virtual machine built in by Microsoft. Which means you double click the XP Mode icon and up pops a window with the XP operating system (it looks and runs exactly like XP because it is XP in every way). Programs do not know the difference if they are running within the virtual machine or not. I have VIDA currently running in XP Mode with my DiCE tool with zero problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts