SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All, I just purchased this on for my 06 Sonic... I may or may not Paint it black. It is normally $175 and is now $72. I could not resist. They have limited stock

http://www.ipdusa.com/version....12936

Marc

·
Registered
673 Posts
I bought this a bit ago...it wa $82 dollars then however. I couldn't imagine leaving the chrome personally...but I bushed it (ala mirror caps) and gave it 2 coats of plasti dip which I got from Lowe's. It looks great and had no problems with the winter weather (did this back in January). Have about 2500 miles on the paint and looks fine.

One suggestion though...don't get any wax on plastidip. Have fun getting that off if you do.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Re: (fasts60r)

Quote, originally posted by fasts60r »
...but I bushed it (ala mirror caps) and gave it 2 coats of plasti dip which I got from Lowe's. It looks great and had no problems with the winter weather (did this back in January). Have about 2500 miles on the paint and looks fine.

One suggestion though...don't get any wax on plastidip. Have fun getting that off if you do.

Got any pictures of the grill?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: (97GLTbrick)

Just pulled the trigger on this as well http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Can't beat the price $80 with S&H Ups ground.

They said they have over 100 in stock! So plenty left if people want to jump on these http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Re: (Rezin S60T5)

PLEASE SAND IT AND PAINT IT BLACK. A chrome grill on the R will look terrible...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (b1gtime)

That is the plan... it was $175 for the Black one and $72 for the Chrome one.... I have been researching Paint. Whats the recommendation? I was thinking wet sanding, Black primer, etc and I have not decided on the final coat... Semi Gloss? Thanks. Marc

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Re: (mjaffe)

The Chrome isn't bad once installed. I thought about painting mine but didn't buy the paint and decided to see what it looked like installed.
So far I like it and don't think I'm going to paint it.

Modified by Oceans60R at 2:49 PM 4-19-2009

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Re: IPD Closeout on Chrome Mesh Grill (mjaffe)

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would post a daytime picture. Actually, what I am most concerned with is the quality of the thing. Is the mesh made of metal and is it securely bonded to the frame?

Thanks, Trygve

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: (fasts60r)

Quote, originally posted by fasts60r »
I bought this a bit ago...it wa $82 dollars then however. I couldn't imagine leaving the chrome personally...but I bushed it (ala mirror caps) and gave it 2 coats of plasti dip which I got from Lowe's. It looks great and had no problems with the winter weather (did this back in January). Have about 2500 miles on the paint and looks fine.

Actually, peanut butter will take the wax off. Sounds weird, but it works

How is the R design any different? I'm looking to buy one for my 05 T5, but I dont know which will fit.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Re: IPD Closeout on Chrome Mesh Grill (RainyS60R)

Quote, originally posted by RainyS60R »
I would greatly appreciate it if someone would post a daytime picture. Actually, what I am most concerned with is the quality of the thing. Is the mesh made of metal and is it securely bonded to the frame?

Thanks, Trygve

I think it was a plastic mesh and is hot glued to the plastic chrome plated frame.
So even at $72 is a bit steep but I said WTF.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Re: (Tiny)

Quote, originally posted by Tiny »
How do I know which would fit my T5. I have come to find that I have some R parts that came stock. i.e. After ordering an intake, I realized I have the R intake setup...
Research and experience.
I'd say about 95% of the parts on a S60/AWD and S60R are the same.
This shows some of the differences in the R.
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/te...s.pdf

But a Grille for an R is different so no it won't fit your S60 bumper cover.

There is another link somewhere with the Complete R-Range Technical Update Course book. Just haven't found it.

Modified by Oceans60R at 6:27 AM 4-21-2009

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: IPD Closeout on Chrome Mesh Grill (mjaffe)

I just bought one. Too good to pass up. I'm probably going to get mine powdercoated black, though. I have a black mesh grill from IPD on my 98 V70 GLT and the grill paint constantly needs touching up.

That's not gonna work on the R

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.