SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ipd chrome mesh grille installed (painted black) (semi big pics)

Finally got around to installing the grille and painted it black i think it looks great thanks Ipd http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Extra pics just waxed:

Modified by 97GLTbrick at 4:27 PM 5-30-2009

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: Ipd chrome mesh grille installed (97GLTbrick)

Looks good! I did the same thing

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Ipd chrome mesh grille installed (Oz60R)

Yes black is soooo much nicer than the chrome!! Good job.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ MancUnited: i have no clue it was there when i got the car its like some king of tape i am asuming its kinna rough to the touch.

to everyone else thanks for the compliments and it was done with 3 coats of Wurth trim and bumper paint 3 coats of plasti dip and 2 coats of the trim paint ove rthat so it has the look and texture of the trim parts on the car

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: (97GLTbrick)

Looks good.
I didn't paint mine and left the chrome. Its grown on me and sort of ties the headlights together. If I did paint mine, I think I would go for a silver similar to the original color just to tone down the chrome bling a bit
Yours ties it in nicely with the 04 black trim. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the chrome on the Titanium looks good and thanks for the compliment. i am also going to do all my trim in that same color i used with the trim paint so it will tie really well together when done

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: (97GLTbrick)

Quote, originally posted by 97GLTbrick »
Yeah the chrome on the Titanium looks good and thanks for the compliment. i am also going to do all my trim in that same color i used with the trim paint so it will tie really well together when done

The grille came out good. If you're going to re-paint the stock trim, I would color match it to the car.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ Thanks also i like the black trim on the 04 R's im just going to use the same trim paint and just refresh them

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: Ipd chrome mesh grille installed (MancUnited1)

Quote, originally posted by MancUnited1 »
What's that black stuff on the lower edge of your bumper??

Huh?
It's an 04, it's part of the bumper

If you mean under the middle lower grill, someone either taped or rough painted the scuffed bumper
I used to do that on cars that had a scraped up lower front bumper
(A quick and dirty fix)..\
I did that on my Prowler. EVERYONE scraped the lower nose at least once as it stuck out so far. A quick application of masking tape and some spray bomb, it was "fixed" and looked just fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.