SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok soo soon i will be running 12 to 14 pounds of boost in my 95 850 turbo wagon now my guess is as i bring the boost up i should probably rethink the current pressure release system that came stock with this car, now the stock cbv works great with only 9.5 psi but with more boost it will need to be upgraded (from what im assuming), now the two options i have are:
-forge bov converion kit -blocks off current cbv and has new tube that i replace the old one with and has the bov mounted in it $200
-ipd cbv upgrade- this kit is to make the stock bcv able to handle more boost and has 2 different springs depending on the amount of boost $67 :D
your guys expert opinion is gonna be key for me not to blow up my car lol soo comment away!

Andrew (teenager who will have alotta boost soon):D

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
ok soo soon i will be running 12 to 14 pounds of boost in my 95 850 turbo wagon now my guess is as i bring the boost up i should probably rethink the current pressure release system that came stock with this car, now the stock cbv works great with only 9.5 psi but with more boost it will need to be upgraded (from what im assuming), now the two options i have are:
-forge bov converion kit -blocks off current cbv and has new tube that i replace the old one with and has the bov mounted in it $200
-ipd cbv upgrade- this kit is to make the stock bcv able to handle more boost and has 2 different springs depending on the amount of boost $67 :D
your guys expert opinion is gonna be key for me not to blow up my car lol soo comment away!

Andrew (teenager who will have alotta boost soon):D
You forgot your 3rd option, the Forge CBV Upgrade: http://www.vivaperformance.com/cbv-upgrade-piston-style-mitsubishi-td04hl-turbos-fmdvrmr/

I prefer piston/spring valve operation for boost control (Forge CBV and BOV) compared to a factory style rubber diaphragm. The rubber diaphragm has a tendency to fail over time and from higher boost pressures. The result is also a higher cost due to the CNC machining and more sophisticated design of the piston/spring valve operation.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmph yeah it appears i have missed one option lol but do you think running 13 to 14 psi will be ok with the diaphram idea, or should i use the bov conversion kit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts