SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first one. I wish I had ordered one way before now as it would have saved me some headache and some $$$

I am assuming that not alot of people have it or have read it due to the fact that there is some very informative info in there that could have been used in some discussions here. One of things that I cannot believe I have not seen on SS is the ECU comparison.
Especially as often as it comes up.

They have a few specialty tools that I have been looking for and all sorts of goodies.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: IPD catalogue (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
I wish I had ordered one way before now as it would have saved me some headache and some $$$

They have a few specialty tools that I have been looking for and all sorts of goodies.
I too kicked myself after struggling mightily with a half-shaft on my old 850. Their specialty tools would have spared me a lot of grief.

It also would have saved me a service appointment to learn about the infamous, hidden vacuum elbow.

A very well-done catalog. Great photography and informative side-bars.

· Registered
5,842 Posts
Re: IPD catalogue (Dyno)

The Internet isn't the only source of information. Some times the "old fashion" book comes in handy.
Check out the bottom of page 63.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: IPD catalogue (Our R)

Quote, originally posted by Our R »
The Internet isn't the only source of information. Some times the "old fashion" book comes in handy.
Ha! I actually have -- and sometimes use -- graph paper!

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Re: IPD catalogue (Dyno)

Yep, that's Lee and the R is his in the IPD catalog. Nice to see a fellow Minnesotan in IPD's set up and also from SS. Hats off to you my friend! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,775 Posts

been getting them happily for almost over 25 years from the early letters and cards to these new nice model specific catalogues. i really like the customer service i have received over all these years. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

jim, a 4 digit customer number

· Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: IPD catalogue (hastee)

Quote, originally posted by hastee »
been getting them happily for almost over 25 years from the early letters and cards to these new nice model specific catalogues. i really like the customer service i have received over all these years. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

jim, a 4 digit customer number

I am a four digit customer too.... seems like everytime I do something to the R it comes out to four digits

· Administrator
12,713 Posts
Re: IPD catalogue (Our R)

Quote, originally posted by Our R »
Check out the bottom of page 63.

pages 14 & 50 caught my eye.

· Registered
2,775 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

i think it is a "dummy", even though they portray it as an oem box, is seems it is just cosmetic. at least that is my take. page 51! a stealth phony!!

damn, i am bored. the kid fell asleep, i think i should too. all quiet on the home front.

· Registered
2,962 Posts

The ECU comparison chart is indeed eye-opening. First seen for me too. Now, if they tested it w/BSR and posted it, that would be a grand-slam.

Wasn't IPD coming out with their own version of a soft-loader? I seem to recall such a thing a few months ago in another thread. What is the status of it? Anyone know?

· Registered
1,648 Posts
Re: (hastee)

Quote, originally posted by hastee »
i think it is a "dummy", even though they portray it as an oem box, is seems it is just cosmetic. at least that is my take. page 51! a stealth phony!!

I'm pretty sure it is OEM original Volvo. Many manufacturers make dummy versions of their fins to keep the cars looking the same across trim levels. I know Saab does. If you don't get NAV or OnStar in your 9-3, the sharkfin is completely hollow.

· Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Re: (partridge)

It's not a dummy at all, but it is empty. The antennas are installed inside it. There are up to three: phone, nav and rti (traffic). The AM/FM radio antennas are located on the glass in cars that take these, btw. My V50 has none of these, but does have the stock fin IPD lists.

Tom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.