SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How necessary is the IPD rear camber kit if i drop my R on eibachs (here in a few months)?<p>Also is the front kit needed as well and what is the install/calibration procedure on both? Will i need to take it to get a "base" alignment before installing both and then install?<p>I typically do all my own labor/installs but since i dont have access to alignment tools/machine what is the most cost effective way to do this?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: IPD Camber Kit (ClemsonS60R)

I installed the rear camber kit on my car without front. When i did my cross country trip last year. i had an alignment and full check done by the time i was in arizona my tire wear was so bad that i saw the steel belts. It is a must in my opinion to save yourself a potential hazard or pricy repair if you have to change tires prematurely.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: IPD Camber Kit (ClemsonS60R)

Install the springs, let them settle in for a hundred miles or so.<br>Get an alignment, see how bad the rear camber is. If it's not too bad ( less than - 3.0) you could get away with frequent tire rotations. You'll get better handling too. If you still decide to get the camber kit, it only goes in the rear. It's a little guesswork to know exactly how much to adjust, read the install instructions on IPD's website. Install them and then you'll probably need another alignment to check. If it's too off, you'll need to repeat the whole process. Can be potentially very pricey. Find somewhere that charges cheap alignments for sure.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: IPD Camber Kit (PhilUp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>PhilUp</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Install the springs, let them settle in for a hundred miles or so.<br>Get an alignment, see how bad the rear camber is. If it's not too bad ( less than - 3.0) you could get away with frequent tire rotations. You'll get better handling too. If you still decide to get the camber kit, it only goes in the rear. It's a little guesswork to know exactly how much to adjust, read the install instructions on IPD's website. Install them and then you'll probably need another alignment to check. If it's too off, you'll need to repeat the whole process. Can be potentially very pricey. Find somewhere that charges cheap alignments for sure.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>lol - 3.0 degrees is huge huge camber. Anything over -2.0 degrees will give you extremely uneven wear. Just rotate your tires often, camber kit is not necessary with most springs.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: IPD Camber Kit (xman03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>xman03</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Anything over -2.0 degrees will give you extremely uneven wear. Just rotate your tires often, camber kit is not necessary with most springs. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>All cars seem to be different. I would do as above and check the alignment after a few hundred miles. If its way out of whack then go with the camber kit but I'm betting you will be fine without them on Eibachs.<p>When you do get the springs be sure to replace the spring seats in the front, IPD HD units would be best.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Re: (imageomega)

Does anyone else make one of these kits besides IPD? EST or Heico?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: (PM)

I have Heico springs and my camber comes it at something like 1.8. I rotate my tires annually as I swap in my winter wheels and align twice a year. I don't have many miles on the car but/and don't see much in the way of uneven wear.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Re: (Johnr352)

What did you do to eliminate the side hop?<br>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts