SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

what's you experience with them? I got a set to replace my aging ss lines and the ipd ones do not have the rubber disks that the OEM or VIDA have for acting as bumpers to keep the lines from touching the car body.
We all know that those disks do touch the body.

I tried to call ipd but after a looong wait first person did not know and the second never answered so after another looonger wait I was transferred to a voice mail.

Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Zip tie some rubber around it

instagram: @oliepyle

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Protect them if you get them... once had an unprotected Goodridge line rupture on me on another car. I was lucky enough to be able to slow the car without injury or damage. I don't think it was rub through either, but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Might try the hardware store. Pick up a length of rubber tubing, even clear if you like, that is a slightly larger ID than the line. Use a pen/utility knife to slit it down the length. You could use plastic ties or the heat/weather resistant metal ones or even put a bead of rubber adhesive on the edge that was cut for a clean look. Just use a little sand paper to prep the edges before using the adhesive. My two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts