SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could have put this in the IPD section but I'm mostly just crowdsourcing here.

I watched the semi-useful generic install video, looked through most everything I could search on the forums, and tried to remember an old install thread that was super in depth that I read a while ago.

So what seems to be the best standard wiring configuration for everyone? Hazard light switch/dim, CCM splice, or one of the fuse patches?

I'm leaning towards fuse, mainly because IPD doesn't send enough wire to reach the cigarette lighter no matter how many times I re-routed it, but it seems like the driver side box is a no go because it's hot? Even though that's how I remember it being done, and if so #30 fuse or the unused #20? Or the fuses under the steering column... too many choices.

Regardless I need to hit Oreilly for either wiring or a fuse patch in, I got the vacuum tube hooked up and it works, just no lights. Also what are normal boost numbers for mostly stock? Just for reference.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,462 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Just route it to the fuse box like IPD shows on their video. I've had that done for a few years now without any issues.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@tomedkaz, that the fuse #30 one? I remember that from ages ago but I just wanted to double check before I fry myself.

I may rewire it later to the headlight switch because dimming would be awesome, but I lack a soldering kit or anything at the moment so I'll just put it off.

Thanks for the tips all, I'll update later.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm, standard brightness doesn't even bother me, anyway saving energy for CAI routing before work tomorrow and maybe put in the new TCV. If I had a machine shop I might try to pull a dougy CAI, alas no such luck :p

Stock boost numbers anyone? Just so I have a benchmark for before and after TCV and to see just how far my leaky turbo has degraded...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts