SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replace it with a new fitting and silicone tubing? If so what fitting did you use, if it's even possible. If nobody has an answer I'll use nylon then.. Mine was used and did not come with the nylon hose. Fitting on the guage says 4 (assuming mm) and also 5/32.. Nut sure if that's id or od.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I can get you quick release fittings that are that style and lengths of hose if you want to let me know what you need. Just pay for shipping plus a couple bucks.
Just re read your post, I have access to nylon hose and quick release fittings. I also have swage lock fittings which are not quick release they are the kind that you tighten and they crimp to the hose, better seal more permanent setup.
4mm/ 5/32" is OD.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't believe I have these T fittings with hose barbs though. I can check.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't believe I have these T fittings with hose barbs though. I can check.

Interesting. I didn't even think of the t fitting. My current gauge set up is just regular vaccuum line. I guess the gauge new comes with the barb?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yeah I bought it new. It came with the T fitting and the two female 4mm quick release fittings, one for the T fitting and the other for the gauge.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get you quick release fittings that are that style and lengths of hose if you want to let me know what you need. Just pay for shipping plus a couple bucks.
Just re read your post, I have access to nylon hose and quick release fittings. I also have swage lock fittings which are not quick release they are the kind that you tighten and they crimp to the hose, better seal more permanent setup.
4mm/ 5/32" is OD.

Sounds good to me if possible. Know if it's possible to put in a regular straight onto it like my og gauge?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You mean just a regular female 4mm quick release fitting like the one in your original post? Just have to confirm the thread size under that zip tied hose there, I'm sure it's standard.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mean just a regular female 4mm quick release fitting like the one in your original post? Just have to confirm the thread size under that zip tied hose there, I'm sure it's standard.

Do you know what size barb for the vacuum linesroughly? Trying to make the tee. Here's what they have at Lowe's

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Do you know what size barb for the vacuum linesroughly? Trying to make the tee. Here's what they have at Lowe's

Best guess would be 6mm I'm not by the car right now sorry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts