SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there have been a lot of IPD posts about great products I figured I figured I would chime in with the greatness of IPD. 2 weeks ago i ordered up the lower trans mount (black bushing), the replacment upper engine mount to replace my shot crappy square one and the engine stabilizer upper poly bushing. Will (MightyQ) did the install last weekend while i graciously drank his beer
While i did get some increase on vibration, not so bad that i am annoyed, the feel is amazing overall. everything feels much more connected and my car only has 28K miles. Highly recommend upgrading all this even if its not broken yet...

Will also gave the wastegate a couple turns and WOW its also pure awesomeness...

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: IPD awesomeness (GPollman)

Quote, originally posted by GPollman »
Since there have been a lot of IPD posts about great products I figured I figured I would chime in with the greatness of IPD. 2 weeks ago i ordered up the lower trans mount (black bushing), the replacment upper engine mount to replace my shot crappy square one and the engine stabilizer upper poly bushing. Will (MightyQ) did the install last weekend while i graciously drank his beer
While i did get some increase on vibration, not so bad that i am annoyed, the feel is amazing overall. everything feels much more connected and my car only has 28K miles. Highly recommend upgrading all this even if its not broken yet...

Will also gave the wastegate a couple turns and WOW its also pure awesomeness...

Dude, your upper mount was so loose it was like a week old cannoli.

ANYTHING would have been better.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: IPD awesomeness (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

Dude, your upper mount was so loose it was like a week old cannoli.

ANYTHING would have been better.

Thanks Joe for adding salt to the wounds... first i have a limp bushing and then i blow a tire out and 2 days ago i take a dive down the stairs with my laptop and guess what now thats broken.... bad few weeks for me

To the Cannoli's defense i would say that a week old cannoli would have more firmness to it then that bushing

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GPollman »

Thanks Joe for adding salt to the wounds... first i have a limp bushing and then i blow a tire out and 2 days ago i take a dive down the stairs with my laptop and guess what now thats broken.... bad few weeks for me

To the Cannoli's defense i would say that a week old cannoli would have more firmness to it then that bushing

Damn, sorry man. Hope you had the USAA homeowners with computer replacement policy!

BTW, I don't feel bad for giving you the business since I had my heart drop feeling like the angle gear went out on the dyno when we were there!

And yes, that bushing was MAD shot. Glad you got it fixed! I know Volvo puts in some soft bushings for smoothness, but DAMN, that thing was SHOT. Piss poor, IMO. http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i do indeed have the computer replacement policy, went out last night and got a new computer while i wait for the check.

More IPD stuff coming tomorrow... HD TCV

·
Registered
5,060 Posts

So is the beer and labor free for anyone?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Re: IPD awesomeness (dave_n_ruth)

The
is always free at my garage but you are always welcome to bring some to share

As for labor... payment with beer is always best http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: IPD awesomeness (MightyQ)

Quote, originally posted by MightyQ »
The
is always free at my garage but you are always welcome to bring some to share

As for labor... payment with beer is always best http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

We have to set up the fluid changeover day!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Man I feel left out! There was free beer and car work to be done and no invite! Gpollman you should think about doing the lower mount as well. I can't give you the blow by blow because I did both at the same time but they do make a huge difference together.

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

We have to set up the fluid changeover day!

I need to get some fluids for the car first and check my cal for a clear weekend. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: IPD awesomeness (MightyQ)

Quote, originally posted by MightyQ »

I need to get some fluids for the car first and check my cal for a clear weekend. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Who are you kidding you dont have anything on your calender

Quote, originally posted by FastR »

Man I feel left out! There was free beer and car work to be done and no invite! Gpollman you should think about doing the lower mount as well. I can't give you the blow by blow because I did both at the same time but they do make a huge difference together.

I thought you feel off the earth... you didnt join our Dyno fun a couple weeks ago and no RBQ either

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.