SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

ipd aquamist

65K views 343 replies 57 participants last post by  Scott Hart 
#1 ·
Just wanted to see who has installed the ipd aquamist system and what they think of it. also, is it neccessary to also get the dds3 system with bargraph? is it a do it yourself install? Is it more efective than an air management system would be?

#2 ·
Tasca Volvo in Sekonk, MA is installing it in a new R. They are adding it along with a few other goodies under the hood. They also put on Chrome Pegs. They have been trying to dial in the tune on the in house dyno. I'll let you know what the car does for numbers. Whoever buys this car is going to get one awesome rig!

#4 ·
Re: (Sonicdriver)

Quote, originally posted by Sonicdriver »
Tasca Volvo in Sekonk, MA is installing it in a new R. They are adding it along with a few other goodies under the hood. They also put on Chrome Pegs. They have been trying to dial in the tune on the in house dyno. I'll let you know what the car does for numbers. Whoever buys this car is going to get one awesome rig!

Someone else was looking for a "mod-friendly" dealer in Massachusetts awhile ago . . . this would appear to be the answer to that question!

- Mark

#6 ·
Re: (mike_c70)

Quote, originally posted by mike_c70 »
Question is, does the car come with a warranty after the install?

Are they not just fogging the engine? I would imagine the system could be deinstalled before you got to the dealer...and have the same amount of water damage as someone living in Seattle.

#8 ·
They really are mod friendly. I'm on my second R that I bough from them. I traded in my 05 GT for the 06. It came loaded with Chip exhaust and dyno sheet (270whp 320TQ). They really want to get into the Volvo high performance as they are already a legend with high performance ford. Look up Tasca Ford and you'll see what I'm talking about. This new R I mentioned will have chip, DP, Exhaust, Wheels and aquamist.

#9 ·

I was going to ask you if this was the same Tasca as Tasca Ford fame. I remember seeing the Tasca Ford funny car back in the mid 60's. If I remember correctly, Tasca was to Ford as Baldwin was to Chevy. They made some monster cars back in the muscle car era.

#11 ·

Quote, originally posted by Sonicdriver »
They really are mod friendly. I'm on my second R that I bough from them. I traded in my 05 GT for the 06. It came loaded with Chip exhaust and dyno sheet (270whp 320TQ). They really want to get into the Volvo high performance as they are already a legend with high performance ford. Look up Tasca Ford and you'll see what I'm talking about. This new R I mentioned will have chip, DP, Exhaust, Wheels and aquamist.

That is sic
Man, why can't Volvo have regional centers (within a hundred miles of densely populated areas) that offer their high performance dealerships. Give those dealerships the training and thumbs up to do the performance stuff under warranty. Ever car company has their racing developement brand. I wish Volvo would get with it.
Jim

#13 ·
Re: (jazee)

Quote, originally posted by jazee »
Volvo doesn't give a crap about the high performance niche otherwise they wouldn't be giving away S60R's for $10K off.

Or dropped their sponsorship for Atspeed.

Back on topic though. I have been looking into the aquamist as well. I have decided to go with a FMIC because I don't plan on running crazy boost and I want a track setup that will provide constant cooler temps.

There are a few people that are running the system. I forget who, but someone has two aquamist systems running at the same time.

#14 ·
Re: (Rangeball)

Quote, originally posted by Rangeball »

There are a few people that are running the system. I forget who, but someone has two aquamist systems running at the same time.
Yes, I would like to know who and how well it works.
Not Blot, his engine is modified. I want to know if anyone is running it on an engine with just ECU, downpipe and exhaust

#16 ·
Re: (blot)

I have it, Scott hart and I installed it at his house back in March.

Here are links, (please don't get mad at me for linking to VS, i'm just trying to help here)

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum...45108]

The system works great, the install was pretty easy, the gauge location works really well for me, and it looks great too.

I have the Mist come on at 10 PSI, and the gauge lights up really well.

Pic of the pump, flow sensor, and controller box.

All Installed.

Gauge. (blurry pic, but you get the idea)

The Aquamist really helps during the city driving, where you build up a lot of heat soak, and I have a Atech Intercooler so, the combination is LIGHT YEARS above the stock situation.

We installed the intake for the fluid in the winshield wiper fluid reservoir, and I have had no problems. I would suggest getting the lowest temp winshield fluid you can, NO ADDITIVES either!

I'm running generic -20* right now.

If you guys have any more questions, please ask.

- kevin.

#18 ·
Re: (Rangeball)

Quote, originally posted by Rangeball »
Excuse my ignorance. I thought the aquamist system was only activated by WOT. Secondly, I have been told the pumps are prone to failing. Any truth to that?

Nope, you set the flow sensor to activate at whatever PSI you want, the sensor senses pressure direct from the intake manifold. There is a little screw that you adjust to whatever PSI you want.

Properly installed, with inline filter for the fluid, the pumps are just fine.

#22 ·
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
was there any difference in performance, dyno numbers, or butt dyno performance after instaling aquamist?

See, the same day we installed the Aquamist, we Installed the S60R exhaust manifold, and 18T turbo, and Marco tuned the hell out of it..

so YEAH! there was a bit of a difference.

The beauty of the gauge in the car, is that i can turn the Aquamist system on and off at the touch of a button. When the ambient temps are high, with the system off, you can notice a butt dyno difference yes. (versus the system being on or off, ya know)

#23 ·
Re: (the underlord)

I'll ask again but I don't think anyone has...
anyone have this on a basically STOCK car (ECU, etc. OK)?

#24 ·
Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
I'll ask again but I don't think anyone has...
anyone have this on a basically STOCK car (ECU, etc. OK)?

Jim, of all the people on VS who have at least the 1-S system, I can't think of anyone who just put it on a stock car.

CJ and I are the only ones who have the DDS3 Gauge setup, AFAIK.

#25 ·
Re: (the underlord)

Wouldn't think so.
Talked with Scot today, he said they've put a bunch on 850s but no new R's yet, except their red wagon last year.
He thinks that is would work great on a car like mine with ECU downpipe an exhaust.
I lose a good 20 hp in the summer after the engine warms up and everything gets heat soaked

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.