SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Aren't the specs exactly the same for both sets?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
lol. I think they are. I had asked about that when I was shopping at both places. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
UR sways will match your UR braces underneath :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
....Elevate has adjustable stiffness which other guys don't offer...just sayin'
Which, unless you need fine tuning for your sways at each track you race your R on, this feature is just unnecessary.

As far as my experience goes with sway bars, other than differences in quality of parts (like brackets breaking), a sway bar is a sway bar. Thicker ones are stiffer and limit sway. Thinner ones allow more sway.

Believe me, I've used and swapped dozens of sway bars trying to tune cars for different tracks. And the only thing that makes a sway bar bad is the brackets or ends break during repeated hard cornering. Other than that it's really personal feel as to whether you want the rear to have less sway than the front.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Just for completeness:
Less sway in the front than the back feels "safer" to someone driving below the extreme limits of the car. As you get closer to the cornering limits of the car you might start wanting the car stiffer in the back so the back comes around more as you try to accelerate out of the apex of the turn. Otherwise the car feels like it will go straight off the track if you try to peg the throttle.

If these things don't matter to you then you probably don't want stiffer sway bars. ie: leave the stock sways on so that car can lean a little and only get front and rear shock tower braces so the car doesn't rattle so much when you hit bumps and pot holes.

...hope that made sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts