SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I have the same one. Right after I first got it, I heard it was "flimsy" and not very well made. Then I find out that it's IPD's best seller and many are buying it because functionally it is good. What are your opinions on the ride after installing?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

I never heard that it was flimsy, only that IPD didn't want to sell it at first because they didn't like the look of the finish. I just got it because it was really cheap for an aluminum strut brace. So far I'm happy with, I definitely notice an improvement in ride and steering. I also got it because I plan to eventually upgrade to sport suspension, I think the difference will be even more noticeable then...
What do you think of it?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I think I notice some difference, but I added it the same time I upgraded my swaybars to IPD's along with their HD endlinks and new struts and shocks, so it is hard to tell exactly what part of the "new" feeling this strut bar is responsible for.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

I think the only reason is it being called "flimsy: is that it bolts to 2 out of the 3 bolts. It is good but I think one that bolts to all 3 would be a bit stiffer.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: (bgfpt)

Quote, originally posted by bgfpt »
Can I just undo 2 bolts on each strut and then bolt the bar on?

Yep, that's it. Real easy to install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: (Volvo Grrrr)

Sounds like my next purchase along with a new set of motor mounts. Bay 13 at volvospeed.com makes that repair look pretty easy. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: IPD aluminum strut brace installed (gdogg16)

Quote, originally posted by gdogg16 »
That brace is a hunk of S***. It looks nice, but that's about it. Get an OMP bar or OEM bar.
Agreed, thin, they flex, junk.
Personally I like the OEM Volvo strut bar

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: IPD aluminum strut brace installed (Alex960)

Quote, originally posted by Alex960 »
OEM Volvo strut bar = $$$$$$$
I pay 165

·
Registered
463 Posts

I got the same brace (IPD aluminum) off eBay from KMotoring for $85.

I was surprised how thick it was. There's a bit of play in the bolted hinge area, but I guess one just needs to tighten the heck out of it.

regards,
MAJ

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know for a fact that my OMP bar isn't going anywhere anytime soon. When you have to stand on the engine, pull as hard as you can, and have a friend whack a bolt through with a rubber mallet, that thing ain't moving.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Alex960 »
The dealer here wants more than 200$...

No way, I was really surprised that it was only abouth 74 EURO here...
In Holland it's abouth the same price.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: IPD aluminum strut brace installed (23109VC)

Yeah, actually the dealer had misunderstood what I was asking about! It actually costs less than 70 euros!!! Goodbye IPD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts