SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those who may have purchased the above subject sway bar, especially the early ones for the 2000 40's, there has been three updates to the product.<P>ONE--the earlier bar, like mine, had "large" forged ends that didn't allow the proper compression of the rubber Volvo bushings, and then the bushings tore. IPD replaced them-under warranty-with their polyurethane bushings.<P>TWO--my set of IPD polyurethane bushings lasted less then two months, and they also tore. IPD replaced the original sway bar with their new "modified" bar which is claimed to have thinner bar ends for the link rods and bushings.<P>THREE--on the attempt to install the new modified sway bar, it was observed that the bar stanchions as bolted to the unibody frame have developed stress cracks at the bolt locations. IPD is to NOW ship me their new "MODIFIED" heavy duty stanchions for the 40 as oriented to their "MODIFIED" sway bar.<P>For the IPD 40 sway bar users, please verify that you have all the above modified parts prior to any serious problems on the open road!<P><P>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: IPD Sway Bar

After seeing Jone's post above, I called IPD and they confirmed the availablitiy of the new, stronger brackets. (One of my factory brackets broke after 12 months, but IPD placed it six months ago with another.) With no questions asked, they sent the new brackets and picked up the cost of the installation. I am pleased with their responsiveness, but find it very curious that they have made no announcement that they are providing this upgrade to the sway bar. I would never known about this without reading this board.<p>Thanks Jone! Thanks Swedespeed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts