SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the IPD Newsletter Nov/Dec 2000, there is a feature article about Scott, of IPD, taking delivery in Sweden of a 2001 V70. The article mentioned that there would be more info in the next newsletter, but I did not see anything.

In looking at the photos, the vehicle appears to be a V70 T5, white, no sunroof, cold weather package. It's hard to tell anything else.

Is anyone close to IPD that might have further news? I would be intested in knowing the precise model and options that they have. Also, the vehicle must have been built in the late summer of 2000; I wonder if they have encountered any of the problems found by so many others, such as lack of low end power, steering noises. etc.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There are more photos and details on Scott's V70 on the IPD website (newsletter section).

Looks like the V70 will be their new 'Project Car' as soon as they sell the C70... gee it's down to $30,000!

I suppose you can email or call them for additional questions.

Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
3,706 Posts

quote:

The posted speed averages around 110 km/h (80 mph) but in some areas, signs with 130 and an "X" or 3 slashes across it indicates a no speed limit zone. Several times we bumped up against the 130mph (220 km/h) speed limiter in our V70. I felt most comfortable between 100-110 mph.

Must be nice, in a brand new car too!

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 01-19-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts