SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my s60r sagged on one side (driver side) and I could not find anything wrong with suspension so I gave Ipd's rear spring adjusters a try...it helped...Thanks Ipd. :thumbup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Did you install these on just one side? I just bought these for the same reason that you did, uneven on one side. If I only install on the drivers side, would that screw up the handling, due to uneven spring rates?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought these for the same reason that you did, uneven on one side.

1. Did you install these on just one side?

2. If I only install on the drivers side, would that screw up the handling, due to uneven spring rates?
1. yes
2. no

the most you'll gain 1/4 of an inch in height.

·
6,436 Posts
wait Dougy...so now you're RAISING your caR?

...I think you should have gone the other way and figured out how to LOWER the remaining corners :)

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
wait Dougy...so now you're RAISING your caR?

...I think you should have gone the other way and figured out how to LOWER the remaining corners :)
lol :beer: ... i wish i could figure out why these cows sags on driver side "LR" instead. :D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
For all the custom fabrication, hard work and good effort you put into your SR, you still have the Autohaus plate surround? You have amusing priorities.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Interesting, I noticed that my SR sags on the driver side as well...

Thanks dougy, I'll probably do this when I do my spring seats.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thanks Dougy!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
my wife's R is lower on the drivers side but in the front only. Its about 1/4" lower than front passenger side. Same fix?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Dougy!
sure J.

my wife's R is lower on the drivers side but in the front only. Its about 1/4" lower than front passenger side. Same fix?

no, this is for rear only...maybe your upper strut spring seat is busted? really 1/4 is not bad at all...if all is well, i'd leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yeah, swapped out strut for another one I had at the shop. Car got smoother. Weird thing is the spring is more compressed on that side, like there is 100lbs sitting on it. Oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts