SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else here? I am lonely....jk seriously I can't be the only one.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
I'm thinking you might be the only Iowan I've seen post.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I bought my caR in des moines but I live in madison wi. Where abouts are you? I drive through dubuque to moline several times a year.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm an Iowan with an R. Strikeout may be the guy who bought my first R, as it matches exactly what I sold earlier this year. Would love to have a meet or dyno/track day if others were interested. Or, a mod install day might be fun too.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm an Iowan with an R. Strikeout may be the guy who bought my first R, as it matches exactly what I sold earlier this year. Would love to have a meet or dyno/track day if others were interested. Or, a mod install day might be fun too.
I bought it from a vw dealer in des moines. Awd didnt work, aftermarket discount tire wheels on it? 6speed? There wad a black/gobi for sale at the same time as mine in davenport but it was an GT with remote start minus the sport kit.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
147 Posts
Neither were my car then. My AWD was solid, as the car only had 31k on it when I sold it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well
I am in Cedar rapids, but work in Anamosa. Also a member of the local Thunderbird club (AKA TCCOIA and SCCOIA) so I play with pushrods too.
Former 854 owner now running a 2.5T S60...miss having midrange and topend of the 854 but the P2 is such a better car all around, I can always put a 19T on it with Lucky's help...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
if anyone is interested there's a MN Volvo Club meet/drive:

Sat Oct 26th - 9am
Rainbow Foods - 7280 E Point Douglas Rd, Cottage Grove, MN

·
Registered
440 Posts
We're in the Des Moines area bought our former '80 245DL 4sp thru Volvo Military Sales while in Germany; our current '05 V50 OSD in 2005. Anxious to see/drive the new V60s in a few months. May be another OSD in out future next year

Rick

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in des moines. There is almost no people from iowa on any forums that has to do with volvos.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I agree, I'm from Des Moines and I am actually looking to get a S60R soon. I've always noticed one by the Starbucks/US Cellular strip mall on 73rd St and Buffalo Rd. Anyone from this forum know who that might be? :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
No idea. I've been trying to find people with volvos around des moines for a long time. I've seen a few but it seems they're always on the other side of the road. It would be cool if we could find enough people to do a small get together.

Sent from my XT1030 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
422 Posts
No idea. I've been trying to find people with volvos around des moines for a long time. I've seen a few but it seems they're always on the other side of the road. It would be cool if we could find enough people to do a small get together.

I'm actually in the process of of finalizing my purchase for a S60R, which would be sometime in the next two weeks, but we could definitely meet up if you would like. I know there a ton of MN guys who are active though. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you need help with something on your r I'm down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wish. I need a tune. But unfortunately no

1 - 20 of 23 Posts