·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
412 Posts
Looking forward to the update. I like the new dashboard display, but I wish Apple would let us throw Google Maps there instead of its own Apple Maps.

Actually, I think I deleted Apple Maps from my iPhone so I wonder how the dashboard screen is going to look like for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking forward to the update. I like the new dashboard display, but I wish Apple would let us throw Google Maps there instead of its own Apple Maps.

Actually, I think I deleted Apple Maps from my iPhone so I wonder how the dashboard screen is going to look like for me.
CarPlay has supported Google Maps and Waze since the last update. Works great.

·
Registered
412 Posts
CarPlay has supported Google Maps and Waze since the last update. Works great.
Indeed. I know I’ll be able to run Google Maps full screen in iOS 13 just as I have been doing for the past year with iOS12.

I’m talking about the new dashboard screen in iOS13 which shows three tiles (maps, music, and calendar) simultaneously. The new dashboard screen is new to iOS13. I don’t think we are going to have the capability of using Google Maps or Waze in the dashboard display. This is the new dashboard screen I’m talking about:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Indeed. I know I’ll be able to run Google Maps full screen in iOS 13 just as I have been doing for the past year with iOS12.

I’m talking about the new dashboard screen in iOS13 which shows three tiles (maps, music, and calendar) simultaneously. The new dashboard screen is new to iOS13. I don’t think we are going to have the capability of using Google Maps or Waze in the dashboard display. This is the new dashboard screen I’m talking about:

Thats the way the beta works for me. My mapping software of choice is Waze but I will say that Apple Maps has gotten much better in the last year or so and now I find that I’ll either use it or Waze, I never use google maps anymore. Sometimes I’ll run Apple maps on IOS 13 but run Waze in the background for smokie updates.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have confirmed that Volvo currently has no plans to offer multiple screen projection or portrait full-screen takeover for iOS 13 CarPlay on SPA 1 cars. Just FYI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts