SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, who else has gotten scared the first time the "City Safety Collision avoidance" came on??????

Seriously it has happened to me twice and scared the crap out of me both times!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Ok, who else has gotten scared the first time the "City Safety Collision avoidance" came on??????

Seriously it has happened to me twice and scared the crap out of me both times!!!!!!:eek:
Happened to me about a dozen times. None were cases where I was going to crash. It still startles me but not as much as the first few times. My other family members have gotten used to it too, and to my complaining about it afterwards. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happened to me about a dozen times. None were cases where I was going to crash. It still startles me but not as much as the first few times. My other family members have gotten used to it too, and to my complaining about it afterwards. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I was definitely not going to crash either! I think it errors on the side of caution, which I'm ok with, but it still startled me. I guess I can text and drive now.......JK.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Citivas knows this but you can set the timing of the alert to come on later. In 10k miles I've only had the braking apply a handful of times and yeah it's startling as it's designed to alert you but I have to admit every time it's activated for me has been a pretty close call. I like to think I wouldn't have crashed but for me it's not so clear as to be mad at the system.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Occasionally under normal driving I do something a little daring that my wife yells at me for to which I respond "relax, I know what I'm doing. See, we're all fine." Driving this car is like giving my wife a brake pedal and a flashing red light, I don't like it but I now have to take it into account significantly more than my wife. I guess it makes me a better driver from an insurance standpoint.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yes, that's an excellent description hfwilkesjr. It's definitely like having one of those nervous passengers who over-reacts and pushes the phantom brake from the passenger seat, but in this case they have an actual pedal. And I have learned to compensate for the most part. I can't recall the last time it triggered for me. But that's because I am having to be far more conservative that I should have to be (and haven't had to deal with the tunnel commute recently). It's not going to kill me, but I wish it wasn't necessary. If there was an option to turn it off, I would.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Occasionally under normal driving I do something a little daring that my wife yells at me for to which I respond "relax, I know what I'm doing. See, we're all fine." Driving this car is like giving my wife a brake pedal and a flashing red light, I don't like it but I now have to take it into account significantly more than my wife. I guess it makes me a better driver from an insurance standpoint.
You raise an excellent point. If you drive in a way so that the car never has to take action, it's probably safer in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts