SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
261 - 280 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70R (Titanium Grey/Nord) / 2016 XC90 T6
237 Posts
Any info on this? (place, time etc?)

Message from ZZZZZZZ from another thread, "Registered! I suggest donations to the Volvos at Carlisle weekend food and swag. They typically have a pretty fair offering for the weekend."

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a couple used PEMs. PM me if you’re interested. One from a ‘06 S60R and one from a ‘07 S60R. Both were trunk mounted.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·

In other news…. While I am waiting for new lower ball joints (removing control arm resulted in a stripped 5 mm Allen hole) I figured let’s replace the entire exhaust on the boxster. Everything was going swimmingly. Most people strip exhaust manifold bolts when replacing headers in these… there are 12 bolts, I was on bolt number 12…. And it freaking snapped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
PEM. I went I to 7 p1s yesterday and they were all gone. Easiest thing to grab and as you know a good thing to have. In the facelift p1 they all look like that.
Is that the fuel module?

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Do yourself a favor and relocate inside to the spare tire. There’s a write up somewhere. I was desperate and didn’t but you’ve got options and a garage.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·

So… I have this hot/warm start issue where the idle goes up and down, up and down and shuts the car off. I just replaced the PEM so haven’t really been able to test it since then. Did a few logs of what I thought could be useful and everything seems ok to my untrained eye. Logs were done with the original PEM.

New plugs and coils
Cleaned throttle body and MAF
New fuel filter
Cleaned injectors, replaced baskets and updated rail connection to 05+
New FPS (Bosch)
Used PEM

Now while it is yo-yo-ing if I add gas it corrects itself and is stable. It is just at start up after it’s been driven. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Others with WAY more experience and knowledge but have you graphed the pump? Is that even possible? I wonder if it gets warm and then its functionality is questionable. Adding a little pedal fixes it but on its own no bueno.

So… I have this hot/warm start issue where the idle goes up and down, up and down and shuts the car off. I just replaced the PEM so haven’t really been able to test it since then. Did a few logs of what I thought could be useful and everything seems ok to my untrained eye. Logs were done with the original PEM.

New plugs and coils
Cleaned throttle body and MAF
New fuel filter
Cleaned injectors, replaced baskets and updated rail connection to 05+
New FPS (Bosch)
Used PEM

Now while it is yo-yo-ing if I add gas it corrects itself and is stable. It is just at start up after it’s been driven. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
My thought is also… crap in the fuel tank? Anyway. I’ll give it some attention soon enough. I have to get the boxster back on the road first.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·

Retorquing all the bolts because I am a good boy before my alignment tomorrow…. It was one hundred percent my mistake however this car is one freaking hiccup away from being donated!

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
I’ll take it!

Retorquing all the bolts because I am a good boy before my alignment tomorrow…. It was one hundred percent my mistake however this car is one freaking hiccup away from being donated!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 · (Edited)
I’ll take it!
. Since I had extra time tonight I drilled out the broken bolt on the boxster, new studs arrived so no more manifold bolts.

I also decided to check for a head gasket or cracked block on the R given my hot start issue. I did the coolant overflow test and it stayed completely blue, so no issue there.

I have to miss my alignment appointment tomorrow since local Volvo dealer did not have the correct bolts in stock. So next Tuesday is alignment until then I’ll be hunting this hot start issue. Almost feels like alternator or another pulley might be seizing. I have a new T belt and accessory belt to go on, so I’ll check for those soon.

·
Registered
2004 V70R (Titanium Grey/Nord) / 2016 XC90 T6
237 Posts
I might be wrong on this.... I even re used the old strut bolts when I did mine since they looked okay, but I want to say I read somewhere that these are torque to yield bolts.. maybe thats why they broke?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
I might be wrong on this.... I even re used the old strut bolts when I did mine since they looked okay, but I want to say I read somewhere that these are torque to yield bolts.. maybe thats why they broke?
They might be. I grabbed the wrong torque wrench set to 105. I had them side by side. Then gave it extra 90 degrees and…well I am very strong. . New one will be in tomorrow. Really starting to get the itch to drive this thing again.

261 - 280 of 285 Posts