Rear rotor and pads x2
Front lower control arm x2
Front sway bar end link x2
Passenger front wheel bearing
Inner tie rod x2
Outer rod x2
Trunk shocks (one is broken) x2
Cabin air filter

I think this will conclude a full stage 0 and some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
If you’re there you may as well do drivers side bearing. I’d add to the order. No sense in brushing half your teeth.
So new list of parts ordered.
Rear wheel bearing x2
Rear rotor and pads x2
Front lower control arm x2
Front sway bar end link x2
Passenger front wheel bearing
Inner tie rod x2
Outer rod x2
Trunk shocks (one is broken) x2
Cabin air filter

I think this will conclude a full stage 0 and some.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
If you’re there you may as well do drivers side bearing. I’d add to the order. No sense in brushing half your teeth.
I just did that one. . Both rear are making a little bit of noise. Passenger front is quiet but like you said…might as well since I am replacing LCA’s. Ball joints were just replaced. Less than 200 miles ago. I wanted to make sure 4C struts are good and they are. No leaks, no noise, they feel great. After this PDR and respray of the front and rear bumpers and adding winglets. Then my wallet can take a rest.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Then my wallet can take a rest.
Have you done the math, yet? I’d be curious how closely your project has mirrored the adage that all R’s are at least $10k vehicles, either up front or after throwing parts at that deferred maintenance.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Have you done the math, yet? I’d be curious how closely your project has mirrored the adage that all R’s are at least $10k vehicles, either up front or after throwing parts at that deferred maintenance.
I have. around $4800 in parts so far. I am trying to source some 18" Pegs and a full exhaust. Still need PDR and front and rear bumpers resprayed (and winglets). So all in I think I'll be around $12k on this R.

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
Inflation... ;)
You also did a lot of the labor, so I imagine it would have been a LOT more.
I have. around $4800 in parts so far. I am trying to source some 18" Pegs and a full exhaust. Still need PDR and front and rear bumpers resprayed (and winglets). So all in I think I'll be around $12k on this R.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Inflation... ;)
You also did a lot of the labor, so I imagine it would have been a LOT more.
I did all the labor...I can't even imagine. I have the remaining parts to go on, then alignment and PDR. Still trying to find someone to respray my bumpers and side skirts for a decent price. I plan on taking them off the car if it will make it cheaper. Car is great, pulls strong, sounds healthy. I might have to reinvestigate the hot start issue. I'll connect it to VIDA and monitor my fuel pump. It only does it on hot start and only at start up.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·

Finally got a code for my hot start issue. Is my PEM toast? It went away shortly on its own. I know these are interchangeable for the most part. Does that include R models from 04 as well?

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
It does include all year Rs. Go for newer wagons as they'll be inside by the spare.
Almost any P2 I think, and P1s that are facelift. I got mine from inside an s40 under the rear seat and on driver side.
THAT is the picture of the PEM. Not VIN related so that's why they're easily interchangeable.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
It does include all year Rs. Go for newer wagons as they'll be inside by the spare.
Almost any P2 I think, and P1s that are facelift. I got mine from inside an s40 under the rear seat and on driver side.
THAT is the picture of the PEM. Not VIN related so that's why they're easily interchangeable.
Thank you sir!!!!

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
Yeah - looks like those wheel bearings met a BFH!
Seriously, this is a new car. There's no way you'd find a car this fun and nice on a lot or anywhere else for the calculated cost (even including what you've spent on parts and your figured labor). NEVER.
I forget where you are, but you've got a little more than two weeks to clear your calendar for a long drive to Carlisle. It would be so nice to see this in person and meet you.
[edit] Virginia! You've got to come NOW. You're at most, 8 hours away even if you're all the way over by Big Stone Gap.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Yeah - looks like those wheel bearings met a BFH!
Seriously, this is a new car. There's no way you'd find a car this fun and nice on a lot or anywhere else for the calculated cost (even including what you've spent on parts and your figured labor). NEVER.
I forget where you are, but you've got a little more than two weeks to clear your calendar for a long drive to Carlisle. It would be so nice to see this in person and meet you.
Thank you. I am starting to agree with you. I was under the car last night. No leaks. Everything looks clean. 4C refresh next spring along with some subframe bushings. I do need this car to start its daily driver duty .

Might not be able to make Carlisle. Ordering winglets and then deciding on a paint shop. Meeting with the PDR guy Friday. Then a through interior clean and paint correction. I ordered a timing belt kit. Even though it looked new… I do not want to take any chances. Full exhaust is going on as well. This car demands so much if my time

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
:(
It's a gathering of more Volvos that you could imagine.
It's also more about the camaraderie and seeing each other in person and sharing a beverage and some eats than showing off the ride.
Might not be able to make Carlisle.

Reactions: kyngofpop

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
:(
It's a gathering of more Volvos that you could imagine.
It's also more about the camaraderie and seeing each other in person and sharing a beverage and some eats than showing off the ride.
You are totally correct. If she is running by then I’ll make the trip. Would love to get some faces to these screen names.

·
Registered
19,286 Posts
More motivation to register in advance: We may finally beat the Saabs with the largest marque registration. They don't even MAKE Saabs anymore and I've never seen more of them in one place in my life.
You are totally correct. If she is running by then I’ll make the trip. Would love to get some faces to these screen names.

241 - 260 of 285 Posts