SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Been lurking for a long time, ive had the R for a lil more than a year, and with it hitting 50k miles and the warranty finally up, I decided to install all the parts I had been researching and building up for a year.

Special thanks to the guys at AFTERFX performance in Stamford, CT

Upgrades:

3M 35% tint all around w/ 3M crystalline heat shield
Dimpled and slotted rotors with OEM Brembo pads
VIVA FMIC
Snabb Intake Pipe
Elevate AMS
Elevate 3.5 Downpipe
Elevate Stage II tune
IPD boost gauge w/ CF werks door pod
FULL CF werks interior trim
CF werks rear view mirror covers
EST CF front strut brace - UR rear strut brace - IPD strut brace mounts
Valentine One w/ stealth unit

Thanks also to fellow SS members, this is a great resource for the R

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice! How did you like the IPD aluminum engine mount bar bushing replacements? Notice any difference?

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
i noticed improvements just from their old bushing replacement kit...more crisp turn in....I can imagine these only take that further.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Good to know (even though I also know that isn't what the bar was designed for..)

·
Registered
67 Posts
looks good! need to fix that droopy lip though..

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Nice upgrades! Needs some springs to fix that ride height though. (Now clean that hood blanket smudge off the charge air pipe.)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
With the stock OEM mounts, the engine kinda sways back and forth when you accelerate hard, from the moment I put the IPD replaces mounts in, the engine felt locked into the car more, and the feel for the pedal felt a little better.

The bob villa mod is a good cheap way to see these results, I just thought the IPD ones looked good in the engine bay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks BlazinBob,

Im doing a full suspension refresh this winter (struts, spring seats, springs, endlinks) and Ive been talking with my mechanic at AFTERFX alot about possibly a coilover set up ? thoughts over the performance aspect of coilovers vs the standard lowering springs (elevate, tme, eibach) ??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks good! need to fix that droopy lip though..
YEP ! came back from the FMIC install monday with the droopy lip :( .... fixing it this weekend !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts