SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone,

Quick question before I go to the dealership and make a scene.

I have a problem with getting internet to work in the car since I took it last for a check on Tuesday. I got the error performance reduced so I took it in and they said that it was a software problem (usual bs)

The car doesn't have a modem so I use a 4g hotspot that is always plugged in the car. Sensus can see the wifi and connect to it. It shows the wifi icon that is connected but that sphere icon never appears.

I tried the iPhone hotspot same thing, I tried with bluetooth sharing and have no idea what it did but internet def didn't work. I've removed all connections and tried with the usb by disabling carplay. That made 0 difference.

Anyone know what else I can try? I can reset it all but I'm not sure it's worth losing all settings (unless the profile saves everything including equalizer, favourites etc.).

Thanks in advance,
Omar

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I’d suggest not “going and making a scene”. Record the undesired behaviors on your phone. Make an appointment and tell the service advisor you have video of the problem. WiFi isn’t a critical need for the car to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
+1

·
Registered
162 Posts
Morning everyone,

Quick question before I go to the dealership and make a scene.

I have a problem with getting internet to work in the car since I took it last for a check on Tuesday. I got the error performance reduced so I took it in and they said that it was a software problem (usual bs)

The car doesn't have a modem so I use a 4g hotspot that is always plugged in the car. Sensus can see the wifi and connect to it. It shows the wifi icon that is connected but that sphere icon never appears.

I tried the iPhone hotspot same thing, I tried with bluetooth sharing and have no idea what it did but internet def didn't work. I've removed all connections and tried with the usb by disabling carplay. That made 0 difference.

Anyone know what else I can try? I can reset it all but I'm not sure it's worth losing all settings (unless the profile saves everything including equalizer, favourites etc.).

Thanks in advance,
Omar
Try forgetting the wifi network in settings, power cycle the hotspot and then re-connect the hot spot the same way you did before.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try forgetting the wifi network in settings, power cycle the hotspot and then re-connect the hot spot the same way you did before.
I've tried it all, except resetting all the car settings.

I will tell them about the problem and have the car brought in again.

The reason why I said that I will go and make a scene is because every single time I took the car to have one problem fixed I was left with another one.

It took them 1 year 9 months to fix my carplay even though I told them specifically that the problem was the USB hub. Once they changed it problem was fixed.

Omar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts