SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side window will not roll down, the door lock will not lock/unlock and the mirror controller will not respond either(most of the time) but all of the other windows and locks respond from the same controller. I am somewhat technically savy but I have terrible luck with plastic rivets and snaps. If I could get pointed in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Btw it was 78 degrees in northern illinois today. Help!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you good sir. I knew I had previously seen a post closely related to my issue but my searches yielded little results.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've taken my XC90 to my repair shop and they were able to pull codes that pointed directly to the window control module. As per usual they want an astronomical price for a brand new unit + labor. I've found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-06-VOLVO-XC90-XC-90-MASTER-POWER-LEFT-WINDOW-SWITCH-/251028227860?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AVolvo%7CModel%3AXC90&hash=item3a7272c714&vxp=mtr
Question: The part listed above is for an 05-06 XC90, I have an 04. Will it make a difference?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone ever posted a "how to" on removing the drivers side door panel? I tried to do it myself but I scared myself into thinking I broke something. HELP! :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is awesome. The only problem I have from the descriptions above is the fact that the curvature of the door panel is different from the xc90 from what is posted here and also the door handle itself is completely seperate from the DMM. The panel, directly above the DMM shapes forward in a manner where it impedes the immediate vertical removal of the DMM. Alas I will proceed with dismantling the DMM with the knowledge that I do not have to completely remove the door panel. Thanks for the tip Tao and I will check the ground garbergtsi.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have a passenger side window power switch part no. 30658147 on my 2004 XC90 that only locks and unlocks door. Absent are window up and down and mirror control. I want to replace the switch with a lower cost used part but I don't know how to program the replacement -- I was told each car needs its power window/mirror switch programmed. How do I program a new switch? Any advice or referrals?

What switch looks like.
https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/products/Volvo/Switch/1123893/30658147.html

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Sounds more like a problem with the wiring going into the door at the A-pillar. The switch won't have anything to do with the power mirror issue, but broken wires will. A 2004 is definitely at the age for that to happen. I could be wrong, but as soon as you mention the mirror not working, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts