SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 21" wheels with the OEM Pirelli and on certain freeways I experience slight steering wheel vibrations above 70MPH (when permissible). I also experience slight vibration when braking on certain freeways when above certain speeds. I wonder if it's due to the subpar OEM Pirelli tires I have. These are 275/40R21 and I understand that it's going to provide more feedback on certain roads.

Initially, I believed it to be warped rotors but it was occurring intermittently. I was planning to take the car in but never did because they would never be able to reproduce it. I was driving on the LIE on a certain stretch of the expressway and noticed the steering wheel vibration which led me to think if the vibration above certain speeds and when braking could be caused by these tires. Has anyone experienced similar?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the 21" wheels with the OEM Pirelli and on certain freeways I experience slight steering wheel vibrations above 70MPH (when permissible). I also experience slight vibration when braking on certain freeways when above certain speeds. I wonder if it's due to the subpar OEM Pirelli tires I have. These are 275/40R21 and I understand that it's going to provide more feedback on certain roads.

Initially, I believed it to be warped rotors but it was occurring intermittently. I was planning to take the car in but never did because they would never be able to reproduce it. I was driving on the LIE on a certain stretch of the expressway and noticed the steering wheel vibration which led me to think if the vibration above certain speeds and when braking could be caused by these tires. Has anyone experienced similar?
Are you crossing the lane markers? Might be this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the Lane Keeping Aid. The Lane Keeping Aid vibration has a artificial feeling, sort of like the force feedback from a Playstation controller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve had warped rotors on two SPA cars so far, 2016 XC90 replaced twice under 23k miles, and 2018 XC60 replaced at 7.5k miles just now. I thought it was tires or rims at first too but from previous experience with BMW, but it was rotor every time and it seems like it may be an ongoing problem for Volvo prior to 2019 at least.

Our 2016 was just turned in for a 2019 wit 21s on pirellis and so far so good on rotors and tires, but it only has 700 miles on it... I would have them check rotors under warranty, mine were out of spec each time so no arguing was necessary except for the very first time two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve had warped rotors on two SPA cars so far, 2016 XC90 replaced twice under 23k miles, and 2018 XC60 replaced at 7.5k miles just now. I thought it was tires or rims at first too but from previous experience with BMW, but it was rotor every time and it seems like it may be an ongoing problem for Volvo prior to 2019 at least.

Our 2016 was just turned in for a 2019 wit 21s on pirellis and so far so good on rotors and tires, but it only has 700 miles on it... I would have them check rotors under warranty, mine were out of spec each time so no arguing was necessary except for the very first time two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll bring this up when I take the car in for the 10K maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts